Stone Esquire
primal

Re: Titanium 2012 Installation Fails

ive had the exact same error code show up when im trying to reinstall my trend 2012 soft ware ive tried following your instructions but i am having a few problems.

my first problem is when i extract the file from to regedit then try to merge it it comes up saying "connot import, Not all data was successfully written to registry, some keys are open by the system or other processes." i try to continue one with the rest of your actions but when i open up the regedit and

4.  Click on the arrow buttons on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then System, then CurrentControlSet, then Services.

5.  Under Services, right-click the BFE folder and click on Permissions. i dont see thye BFE folder.

is BFE what it is titled or would it be titled as somthing else i know BFE stands for base Fillter but i dont see it titled that either.

please help

cheers

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Malgy

I have tried this but when I right click on it I don't have run as administrator there to choose..........

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
kebilly

@marvs40663 (if anyone is still checking this thread)

I've been working my way through these instructions (Windows 7) and was doing fine until I had to find

'Base Filtering Engine' and 'Windows Firewall' under 'Services' (the last step, so to speak).

One of the problems is that my computer is in German, and even then, I know German and

I can't find anything that looks remotely like a Base Filtering Engine or a Windows Firewall.

Any ideas what this things would be called in German, what to do if these options aren't there or

any other way to turn the Windows Firewall back on aside from what's listed here? Is the last step

totally necessary?

This is for the Titanium Max Security 2013 version, btw, downloaded today (04.03.2013).

I've also attatched the hijackthis txt file in case there's something else going on here (I'm not the

most computer-savvy person).

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
kebilly

So even without completing the last part, reactivating the windows firewall, the installation still worked after following the other instructions.

Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
RainbowLady77

I want to thank you all for for posting this information.  I was able to solve a problem with my son's computer by coming here.  I documented it for the support technician after I asked for their help (I solved it before they came back with unuseful suggestions).  It took me 2 days, and about 3 hours straight on the 2nd day to resolve the issues.   Here's the history and what I did:
  On Saturday, I noticed that there was a little yellow triangle on the TrendMicro icon, saying that it was unable to update and to click on "Verify".  The computer I was working on uses Trend Micro Internet Security 2013.  When I looked at the update log, it had not been able to update for about 3 days. 
  I tried clicking Verify and it said it could not connect to the Internet.  I had a good Internet connection and could use the browser, etc.   I found the "hotfix" on your website that was supposed to fix that problem and ran that.  It said it ran successfully.  I could not Exit out of the program though and it still would not update.  Tried to install the hotfix in Safe Mode with Trend Micro supposedly not running.  It still would not update via the Internet after a restart and had that "verify" button showing again.

Yesterday (Sunday), I tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling since I could not get it update.  It seemed to uninstall successfully.
  When I tried to reinstall the software, I got the error message "Error 1603, 3002, 0x00e0220014" several times.
  I finally found some discussion of that error in your discussion Forums.
  I applied the Registry updates (win_fw_regfix.zip) to turn the firewall back on (Base Firewall Engine and Windows Firewall) as those services were not running.  Also, had to add the "everyone" permissions as described here - http://community.trendmicro.com/t5/Home-and-Home-Office-Forum/Can-t-Upgrade-to-Titanium-2013-1603-30...     The 2 firewall services were back on after a restart (full shut down and restart).
  Tried to install the TrendMicro Internet Security again and still got the "Error 1603, 3002, 0x00e0220014"
  Ran the process to clear out Temp files, delete TrendMicro from the C: drive and the registry from here - http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1058896.aspx.
  Tried to reinstall and I think I did something wrong because it would not install.  Got the same error message.
  Again, restarted the computer and again ran the process to clear out Temp files, etc. as above.
  I noticed that the settings for the Windows Firewall in Control Panel had a red flag and a button to reset them to original settings. I was not able to reset their settings, so I wasn't sure whether the Windows firewall was active or not, or whether something might be interfering with it (a virus, malware, or other bad stuff).
  Before going further, I ran the Housecall service to see if anything bad had gotten onto the computer while I was working.  It came back clean - nothing bad found. 
  Restarted the computer and again tried the install and it ran OK.  Was able to activate and update successfully.  It had trouble activating, but after I clicked on the Activate Now button, and selected the computer to use, I restarted the computer, and then it was showing as activated.  After that, I was able to update the software to current virus patterns successfully.
  I checked it several times before I left my son's house to make sure it was still running OK.
  Their other 2 computers - one running Titanium 2012 and one running Titanium 2013 were both running normally and updating properly.
  That all took about 3 hours yesterday.
  One problem I had on your support website was that I could not get the drop-down things on some pages to open.  My son has Windows 7 with IE 10 and since I don't use IE very often, I could not figure out how to open up those things that I needed.  Fortunately, in the discussion forums, the messages were in text with links so I could get to the things I needed to run.
  This is the most difficult install I have had and I've been using TrendMicro before you owned it, back to when it was PC-cillin and have had very few problems in all those years.  I have been in the computer business for most of my career and have the skills to do what I did.  Most average folks would not be able to do what I did.  I hope whatever caused it to fail in the beginning can be fixed so others don't have to go through what I did.

Barbara

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
LanceL218

I am having this issue now with Windows 8.1. It hosed my good installation of Trend Micro Maximum Security 2013 when I updated yesterday. When I went to reinstall, I got this error message. I ran the solution in this article and still no luck. I want my Trend Micro working please!

Thanks,

Lance Lingerfelt

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Alpong

Hi LanceL218,

I'd like to verify if the two services are running on your Windows 8. These two services are Base Filtering Engine and Windows Firewall Services. Make sure both of them are running.

To check, you can check it thru services.msc that you can type on a "Run" application on the computer.

In case they are present but not running, try to start them by double clicking it and start the service.

Please let us know if you receieved any error message or if those services are missing on your computer.

BR,

Alpong

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Michael2013

I got the same problem

[ Edited ]

After updating to Windows 8.1 - TrendMicro Titanium I-Net Security does not work anymore. Re-Install did not solve the problem

Both Services are up and running

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Michael2013

Re: I got the same problem

[ Edited ]

Here my analysis:

Popup window (WSCTool.exe - Application Error)

Application could not start correctly (0x000007b)

Click "OK" to close

at the same time Trend Micro Error Box

Error Code #1603, 1009, 0x00e220014

I think its an installer problem ?!

Windows 8.0 was working fine.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire KAS
Stone Esquire
KAS

Hello,

I ran the fix as advised and after a restart was able to see the BFE and Windows Firewall. BFE was running but Windows Firewall is not.

Keeps giving the error 1079 : Account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process.

Please advise how to rectify this problem.

Please use plain text.