Stone Esquire
ahkent
Accepted Solution

Titanium 2012 Installation Fails

I get the following error when attempting to install the software (64 bit Windows 7)

Error code:  #1603, 3002, 0x00e0220014

I continue to get this error after attempting the solutions listed under support and rebooting my machine.

I have been trying for 3 days.  If there is no easy solution, then how do I get my money back?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
simonn

Re: Titanium 2012 Installation Fails

Hi ahkent,

This happens due to a failing windows firewall such that the driver for the Trend Micro firewall booster cannot installed(given that your computer is free from any virus infection). Kindly check your Windows Firewall if it's running. If not, contact Microsoft and have it fix or you may read this article from Microsoft.

Hope this helps:smileyhappy:

Regards,

Simon

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ahkent

I do not have the problems listed in the Windows Solution link you sent.  I searched CONSRV.DLL in the folder WINDOWS and did not find it.

How can I check if WINDOWS FIREWALL is functioning properly?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ahkent

I found the Windows Firewall control panel.  A note said Windows Firewall is not using the recommended settings to protect your computer.  When I clicked on Use Recommended Settings, a note poppped up that said "Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings.  Error code 0x80070424".

So now what?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
marvs40663

@ahkent:

Attached is a registry fix for the Base Filtering Engine that manages the Windows Firewall for both Windows Vista and Windows 7. You may download them on the Desktop and then extract their contents on the same. The password is "novirus" (quote marks excluded).

Before we import anything, it is always wise to do a backup of your registry. Here's how:

1.  Click Start >> "Start Search" (Vista) or "Search Programs and Files" (Win7).

2.  Type "regedit".

3.  Right-click the regedit icon and click on Run as Administrator.

4.  In the Registry Editor, highlight Computer then click File >> Export.

5.  Put a file name and save it in a directory convenient for you.

Now we fix the registry entries for your windows firewall. Here's how:

1.  In the extracted folder, right-click on each of the files an click on Merge.

2.  Simply click OK until the import is complete.

3.  Go back to the registry editor.

4.  Click on the arrow buttons on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then System, then CurrentControlSet, then Services.

5.  Under Services, right-click the BFE folder and click on Permissions.

6.  Click "Add..."

7.  Type "everyone" and click on Check Names. Click OK.

8.  On the previous box, click on Everyone under "Group or user names" to highlight it.

9.  Put a check on the box next to Full Control, under Allow and click OK.

10.  You may now close the Registry editor.

To reactivate the Windows Firewall:

1.  Click Start >> "Start Search" (Vista) or "Search Programs and Files" (Win7).

2.  Type "services.msc"

3.  Run Services as administrator.

4.  Look for Base Filtering Engine and Windows Firewall under Services and start these services.

Reinstall your Titanium and the error message should be gone.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
simonn

ahkent,

You may simply follow the instructions what marvs posted above or check the link I provided to fix the Windows Firewall.

Regards,

Simon

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ahkent

The solution worked. The only was that I had to reboot before I could see Base Filtering Engine and Windows Firewall under "services.msc", and they were already started at that point.

THanks.  I think I am protected now.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
steven

Hi

I have had a similar problem but with this error code #1603,1,0x000

Have searched on site but not found this exact error listed.

I have removed all previous MS AV etc and Google and Yahoo via control panel.

Any suggestions  greatly appreciated.

Thanks Steven.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
MmangalisoN

Does the same registry fix apply for XP machines or is there another one available for XP? Because I am experiencing the same problem but on a different platform

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Hi MmangalisoN,

You can follow the same instruction but you do not need to run the fix for Base Filtering Engine.

If that doesn't work, follow the instruction on the link below

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059860.aspx

Cheers!

Please use plain text.