Stone Emissary
mapache
Accepted Solution

TM Titanium Maximum Security 2012 in Windows 7 won't open

I checked the hotfixes, but didn't find one that applied.

When W7 starts, TM shows that it is starting, but then disappears.  Double-clicking the desktop icon won't open the program either and no TM files are showing up in running processes.  I've attached a HJT log in case it helps.  I have not yet called TM for assistance.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
erza

Re: TM Titanium Maximum Security 2012 in Windows 7 won't open

hi mapache,

is this an upgrade on top of an older version or new installation?

cheers!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Formerly posting as slabster.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
mapache

Windows 7 was upgraded from XP Home.  After the clean install, I had to download TM again from my account (my last seat) and reinstall.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
erza

how about the TiMax? was it installed on top of a previous version?

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Formerly posting as slabster.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
mapache

Yes.

I upgraded from a previous version, but I had it prior to upgrading to W7 and it worked fine.

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
khanto

Hi,

When i checked the Hijackthis log that you attached, there's some components or traces from Malwarebytes. There's a big chance that it's the one causing the issue.

You may try checking your control panel if you can find Malwarebytes and attempt to remove it.

Else, you may try looking for malwarebytes removal tool to flush out traces or remnants of that item.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
mapache

I'll check that and see. 

I run the same combination on a Windows Vista laptop and don't have the same issue.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Stone Kendo
dmccann

Mapache-  I run both TI Max 2012 and the free version of Malwarebytes (no real time protection) on both Vista and Win7  with no problems.  I do however completely remove MBAM before installing or upgrading my Trend.  I think the issues arise during the installation process.  After a clean install of Trend and a check to make sure it is fully functional you can probably add MBAM back on to the computer.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
mapache

Thanks. 

I might just have to fully uninstall MWB since I don't have anymore TM downloads available on my account, so I can't do another install.

Please use plain text.
Stone Kendo
dmccann

mapache-Once all of your installs are used it will just ask which computer you would like to disable and allow you have another install.  Infact it always seems to recognise when I am just reinstalling on a listed machine by itself.

Please use plain text.