Skip to content

Stone Esquire
alyx
Accepted Solution

TM Titanium Max. Security is hogging memory.

Hey gang,

I very recently replaced my HD on my laptop and had to reinstall TrendMicro.  When I logged in to my TM account it gave me the option of installing TM Titanium Max. Security or the mobile version so I selected the Titanium version.  I did see something flash by on the screen about it being a beta but the help about says it's the full version 3.0.1292.  Anyway the long and the short is that since installing TM, a process called "coreServiceShell.exe" with the description "Trend Micro Anti-Malware Solution Platform" has been chewing away at my CPU and is using 87,000K+ in memory.  I'm running the identical setup on another laptop and it is running much better with only 16,000K in memory and hardly touching the CPU at all.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help : )

Alyx

Please use plain text.
Honored Emissary
i-live-on-mars

Re: TM Titanium Max. Security is hogging memory.

Try uninstall it and then reinstalling.  That might help you out.

Please use plain text.
Master Esquire Neo
Master Esquire
Neo

well there can be many reasons which Operating system do you use ... which programs you're running ... ???

and you should now that it is still in testing stages and the newest version is 3.0.1303

and it uses 80-100 mb because is an anti malware software it's not a simple one .... usually the Anti Malware software uses 150-300+ mb of the memory because of their component and the trend micro Coreserviceshell.exe is the main component of the new trend micro titanium ..

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
alyx

Ack!!!  Problem solved, no fault of Trend Micro, enitrely Dell's fault.  Turns out my proccessor was being under volted because my ac adapter was faulty.  I suspected it was TM's fault as it was the only software installed after a fresh install of Windowz 7, my bad.

I'm still undecided whether I like the new design.  Quite frankly it's so unintrusive (once I fixed the ac issue) I wonder if it's doing anything at all.  But I have been using TM for several years now and have never had a virus!!

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
alyx

quick question, you said the newest version is 3.0.1303 but I still have 3.0.12.  When I open the help-about it says it's checking for updates but then says it is the latest software version.  Will I need to manually download software updates or am I missing something?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Ondots

Hi alyx,

We will be releasing Trend Micro Titatium in September 8, 2010. It should be available for download then at the Trend Micro Download Center

Cheers! :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.