Skip to content

Stone Esquire
rdbryant
Accepted Solution

TFUpdate.exe

I can't do anything without my User Account Control notifying me that TFUpdate.exe needs my permission to run. I hit "Cancel", but, of course, that doesn't stop the pop-ups from UAC. My research indicates that TFUpdate is a Trend Micro product. A search of Trend Micro FAQ yields nothing. I would like some advice on whether to allow TFUpdate.exe to run. Why doesn't Trend Micro step up on this, and address it on their website? It appears to be a common issue... Bob
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
JT91

Re: TFUpdate.exe

Are you using Windows Vista or Windows 7?

It seems that UAC (User Account Control) is preventing you from running an update. I suggest you disable the UAC of your operating system.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
rdbryant

Thank you for the reply.

I'm running Vista.  The UAC doesn't always block TFUpdate--maybe about 4 times a year.

I'll go ahead and let it run.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
slabster

hi rdbryant,

a hotfix has been released for this issue

follow the instructions and let us know if this works for you

[Hot Fix] B1409 – I cannot open the main console of my Titanium program if the User Account Control ...

cheers! :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as erza.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Ben10k

This issue is resolved in the latest version of your program (Titanium Internet Security 2012), you can upgrade your program for free by following the steps in solution:

Download and Install Trend Micro Titanium™ Internet Security 2012:
http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1059030.aspx

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.