Skip to content

Stone Emissary
himderfella
Accepted Solution

SKYPE- XP PROFESSIONAL- TREND MICRO TITANIUM 2012

I notice that Skype extras have been disabled - Instant Messaging". In Windows 7 same Security I am able to enable Extras. Is this difference due to different Windows? Is there a setting I should use to enable in XP?

Thanks

Chris

:manhappy:

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Re: SKYPE- XP PROFESSIONAL- TREND MICRO TITANIUM 2012

Hello himderfella,  

From my knowledge, everything should be working fine with the latest version of Skype.

I would like to ask if you have tried isolating the issue to check if this is caused by Trend Micro Titanium 2012 version. To do this, please refer to the link below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1037114.aspx

Let me know if the problem only occurs when Trend Micro is enabled so we can check it from our end.

All the best,

Artee :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi All,

Just to keep everyone in the thread up to date:

1. Can you check on the settings of the program. Make sure the ff items are checked under Internet and E-mail Controls section:

Adjust the protection settings of your Web Threats feature

Turn on the antispam feature of your program

2. If this fails, you can try doing doing a reinstallation of the program, there could be a big possibility that the component for the said feature is corrupted or was not updated properly causing this issue.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Alpong

Hi All!

I have the same case. Skype is disabled and there is no way for me to enable it.

skype.jpg

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
himderfella

Arteec,

Uninstall and re-install have not corrected the problem. I still think it has something to do with XP because the problem has not occurred in my other computer running Windows 7.

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

Chris

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

HI himderfella,

I would suggest that you contact our Technical Support regarding this matter so we could create a case regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Artee :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
himderfella

Re-installing Trend Micro has not corrected the problem with Skype. Trend Micro configeration has not helped.  Removal and install Skype has not resolved the issue.

Skype extras disabled Protection- Instant Messaging.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Chris

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
PartyJetsetGo

hi,

not sure if this is related but found this article from skype:

http://www.skypehelp.com/skype-extras/how-to-use-extras-manager-on-skype-5-3/

Heres an excerpt:

Many of our visitors ask about Skype Extras Manager 5.3 and the problems they face, such as:
Why can’t I click on Extras in Skype?
Skype Extra is grayed out.
How do I disable Skype Extra 5.3?
The initial release of Skype 5.3 still had Extras Manager, so use this version if you want to activate Extras Manager.

Extras Manager is available in Skype version 5.3.0.111. The current version of Skype 5.3.0.120, available on Skype’s website, does not have Extras Manager.

Important: Do not update Skype, otherwise Extras Manager will be disabled!

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
himderfella

Dear Partyjetsetgo,

Thanks for your input. However, it is not a problem with Skype but an issue in Trend Micro Titianium where IM messages show Skype extras Disabled.

I'm learning to live with it.

Cheers

Chris

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

[ Edited ]

Hi himderfella,

Can you try resetting the feature by disabling and re-enabling it.

Just simply uncheck the option for "Check for security risks in links to websites received via instant messaging programs" then click Apply. After a minute or two, enable it again by placing a check mark in it. Then click Apply and OK.

Please let me know if this helps.

We would like to know why the program is behaving as such so we can improve future versions. This may be a behavior experienced on your machine's specifications. This is the main reason we would like you to contact our Technical Support Team so we can open a case for this issue. Your help is very much appreciated.

*** Locked topic due to inactivity. For related concern, please post a new topic from the link below:

Home and Home Office:

http://community.trendmicro.com/t5/Home-and-Home-Office-Forum/bd-p/homeoffice

Please use plain text.