Skip to content

Stone Esquire
Troy
Accepted Solution

Revert to previous version

We've got a client who chose to upgrade to Titanium Maximum Security recently when their subscription was due for renewal. They install it on 3 machines and on 2 of those its been fine but on the remaining one it has caused a lot of problems. The computer has slowed down significantly and there are also issues with MS Office temp files not being deleted and applications not working properly.

I've tried reinstalling Titanium on that machine, however it hasn't made a difference. My question therefore is whether their current subscription applies to the previous version they had or just Titanium as I'd like to try putting the old version back on the machine.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
RAAR

Re: Revert to previous version

Hi Troy,

If they are using the same serial number they had before the renewal then it will still work on the old TrendMicro product. If they recieved a new serial number there is a possiblity that this will not be compatible with the TrendMicro Titanium program.

I hope this information was helpful.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Troy

Great, thanks for the info.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Customer64

And how do you roll back to the previous version? I had TM Internet Security 10 and upgraded to Titanium.. I still have the original IS 9 software (upgraded via online to 10 last time).

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Go to the Download Center and download whatever version you had before.

Gregg

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
artlewis3209

I saw a review in PC Magazine that the new Titanium version does not cover old threats, such as by downloading virus signatures. This seems like a big vulnerability. What was the rationale for not covering old threats? Does the new Titanium version catch these as they resurface?

Please use plain text.