Skip to content

Stone Emissary
TQuest7
Accepted Solution

Renew vs Purchase

I currently have Trend Micro Titanium installed (with Auto-Renewal), can I purchase the discounted software, instead of running the renewal?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
erza

Re: Renew vs Purchase

hi TQuest7,

yes you can do that, but it will give you new SN

cheers!

erza

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Formerly posting as slabster.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi,

You can also take advantage of the season sale on our website and add up the Premium Service plan on your new subscription.

All the best,

Artee

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
BULLDOG

You always have an option to have a new purchase if you think that you could save a lot in doing it. However just a piece of advice during the renewal you are entitled 10% discount for auto renewal, 20% for manual renewal and for early renewal as much as 30% would be given to you. Just make sure that that the auto renewal on your account is turned off in order for you not to be billed twice. :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
FredWalker

Hi,

This has been a feature of TM for years that makes me wonder if you really care.   Why would your prior customers, who select to use the Auto re-newal feature, not receive the "BEST" price available, at the time of their re-newal?

At least we should receive the best discount % at the time -- and if this is 30% - then so be it.

To give us the least - 10% - well, that just is not right.

Thanks,

Fred

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
TQuest7

Thank You!  How long will the 30% be available?

Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
nayan007

Hi,

There is no such notification that till what time the 30% discount will be available.It depends upon the trendmicro company

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
TQuest7

If I Purchase an upgraded version, vs Renew the current, will I have to uninstall the current software before installing new?  If so, how do I avoid catching a virus in the process?

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
TQuest7

How do I turn off Auto Renewal?  I tried to "Edit subscription Information" but it only displays the computer name (Given by Best Buy, where purchased), and the serial #'s...  No ability to change anything.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Sarmi777

Hi Tquest,

As far as I know, there is no Automatic Renewal if you purchased the Trend Micro Program on Best Buy, but just incase you want to know more about the renewal / sales / subscription of the Trend Micro Program handed to best buy, is to contact them directly and I can guarantee that they will answer all the confusions.

Thanks!

Sarmi

Please use plain text.