Skip to content

Stone Esquire
ricb
Accepted Solution

Re: - Main console not opening

Hi,

I have T-M's Titanium Internet Security 2012 installed on my laptop but I cannot access the Main Console. I don't know if there is some conflict with Windows Defender. Windows Defender came pre-installed on my computer; I have disabled it but I have not as yet removed W-D from my computer. I have uninstalled T-M and then re-installed it but the same problem occurs. Does anyone have any ideas??

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
thisisme_ndwk

Hi ricb,

I would suggest that you uninstall first the Windows Defender and reinstall your Trend Micro program. It is not adviceable to have two Antivirus on your computer. Even though you disable it like you said, there are still some components of Windows Defender that ran at the back end which causes some conflicts.

Likewise you can try this first aid solutions for your concern of Unable to Open Main Console:

1. Run Housecall: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1038437.aspx

2. Jump start your Trend Micro Program:

a. Go to Start>>All Programs>> Trend Micro Folder>> More Tools and Help>> Diagnostic Toolkit

b. Click on the Uninstall Tab

c.  Click Stop All Components and wait untill all buttons had grayed out

d.  Click Start All Componets and close the Diagnostic Toolkit, check if problem persist.

3. Disable the Compatibility Mode:

a. Right-click the desktop icon of your Titanium program, then select Properties.

b. Click the Compatibility tab.

c. Untick Compatibility mode.

d. Click Apply, then click OK.

Hope this will help! Goodluck!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Honored Talent
RobertDitLeBob

And pass Ccleaner before reinstalling Trend.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
RAAR

Hi ricb,

May we know what operating system you are using? May we also know if the Trend Micro icon appears on your taskbar at the bottom. If it does, please move your mouse over it and let us know what message appears.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ChristianN

Hi ricb,

If the Trend Micro icon appears on the system tray and says protected when you move your mouse over it try to right-click the desktop icon of your Titanium program then select Properties. After that, click the Compatibility tab. Look for Privilege Level. Make sure that the Run this program as an administrator is un-checked or un-ticked. Click Apply and Ok to save the changes.

After that, restart the computer and try to open the main console of the program again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

christian

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ricb

Hi RAAR,

I'm using an Lenovo i5 and running Win 7.

Aslo thanks very much to all commentors for their assistance. I have been busy running experiments and will try to fix my computer problems tomorrow.

Thanks again

Ric

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ricb

HI again

When the mouse pointer is over the taskbar icon, a "protected" message comes up. When I right-click on the icon the usual box opens up but when I choose any of the commands nothing happens.

Also, in the "properties" section when right-clicking on desktop icon, the compatability section has ticked the "XP Service Pack 2" option.

Thanks

Ric

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Hi ricb,

Please untick the box for XP Service Pack 2 under the Compatibility section of the Properties.

After that, click on Apply/OK.

Try to open the main console again.

Regards,

Please use plain text.