Skip to content

Stone Esquire
DavidLyons
Accepted Solution

Problems with Titanium 2013

I have installed Trend Micro Titanium internet security 2013 (thats a mouth full so lets just call it TM) and I am having problems now with every web browser on my computer. with TM running. When I attempt to open a web page via Chrome, Firefox, safair, or IE9 I get crippled performance. When I close TM entirely, my browsers open and load instantly. I have tried everything to rectify this. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled TM. I have checked and disabled all add ons in browsers, etc. I have run CCleaner, I even ran malware bytes between uninstalling and reinstalling TM. System is spic and span. 

I have also attempted to add exceptions to TM so it would leave my main browser (Chrome alone). 
The issue does NOT seem to be a browser issue to me. Why ALL FOUR of my browsers would exhibit this problem when TM is open and running, if it were a browser issue, does NOT equate. When TM is completely closed, no problem at all. 
When OPEN, all hell breaks loose, or rather, comes to a screaching hault lol. 

I have also attempted disabling various, and at one point ALL of the protection options within TM, yet leaving it open in the Tray. Same story. Browsers are crippled. 

What gives with 2013?
I have covered all bases at this point. It seems to me the program is broken. 
please help. 

thanks

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
GesHoo

Re: Problems with Titanium 2013

Glad to see someone else has reported the problem.  Check out    Re: coreServiceShell.exe High CPU     in Home and Home Office Forum.  My XP Pro SP2 (where I have all my useful software) is taking up to 10 minutes to start up and it is taking a similar time to connect to my ISP mail inbox (I am not game to try codex conversion or video downloads).  I found coreServiceShell.exe taking up 55-80% of CPU for that duration.  This has all happened since I accepted an Invitation to upgrade free from Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012 to 2013 as I have still 198 days of service left.

I have looked at various reports for earlier versions with the same problem and the hotfixes.

However, it seems that my installation of 2012 didnt have the problem in any noticable extreme.  I have reinstalled 2013 and even tried a hotfix (but I guess those are for the earlier versions) and reinstalled again.

Come on TM.....Please fix the problem and let us know so our PCs will run normally again or allow me to go back to 2012 version.

PS I have noticed some forum members have advised they are giving up on TM products as a result of this problem.

Also, I am continually being invited to use the TM on my Android Tablet.  I dont think so, and I wont be advising anyone to use TM until the problem is fixed permanently.

PPS  I noticed a comment that the use of coreServiceShell.exe is not necessary for using TM in Windows XP.  Is that so?

I have paid a bit of money for this security software so I expect it to work without any problems.

I await some action.

Please use plain text.
Master Esquire Neo
Master Esquire
Neo

hello GesHoo

you can go back to 2012 version if you like to

here the link where is the download section and there you will also find the 2012 version

http://downloadcenter.trendmicro.com/

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
All4thlulz

I am having this exact same problem on 2 out of 3 computers (the third running xp is hardly used).

The first is running Vista, Trend Micro Titanium Maximum security 2012. I am reluctant to upgrade to 2013 for the very reason that this problem is happening on my gaming laptop windows 7, Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2013.

On the Vista PC I am noticing the particular trend process reaching up 90% cpu restricting the computers use and rendering internet browsing useless. On my gaming laptop, running the new 2013, I am having performance issues most noticeably web browsing stopping completely and crashing the browser (firefox and chrome, generally with youtube). Not to mention it automatically turns off and on again.

I have been with trend for 3 years and never had any problems but unfortunately my 2 year license is coming to an end it looks like I will be switching anti-virus. Trend if you can let us know you are working to fix this problem I will happily upgrade, but as of now there are no fixes for 2013 or 2012 that I can see (new to the support section).

~All4thlulz~

Master Esquire
Neo

Hello everyone here you can try this Hotfix for windows xp users only ....

Please refer to this link for instruction how to download&install the [Hot Fix] Computer became slow after installing Titanium 2013 in Windows XP

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1061402.aspx

hope this would solve your problems ...

for windows Vista/7 users there are hotfixes in this post at the end of the pages are couple of hotfixes

http://community.trendmicro.com/t5/Home-and-Home-Office-Forum/Read-Me-Before-Posting-Titanium-Hotfix...

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
All4thlulz

Thank you for this although I no longer use my xp computer.

Still looking for a fix on:
Windows Vista - Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012
Windows 7 64bit - Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2013 (ver. 6.0.1215)

Master Esquire
Neo

Hello All4thlulz  there are seperate hotfixes for windows vista/7 but for 2013 version only

[Hot Fix] Cobra scan of Titanium is always enabled

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1061376.aspx

[Hot Fix] Internet Explorer is running slow after upgrading to Titanium 2013

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1061251.aspx

[Hot Fix] Titanium 2013 takes a long time to complete a real-time scan

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1061271.aspx

after each hotfix you install reboot and then install the other hotfix

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
All4thlulz

Thank you for this however none of those hotfixes deal with the issues I am having here.

-Trend Turning itself off and on automatically at least this is what the action center keeps warning me that it has been turned off then automatically comes back on. I am still able to scan and open the conole when these mesages come up.

-Slowed performance for web browsing to the point of crashing the browser. (Firefox, Chrome)[mainly youtube, maybe trend is conflicting with flash?]

-and anything else I have stated in the previous post.

Also could you please explain what the Cobra Scan is? I can not find any information on this.

lovleah

Hi, I am having the same problems with extremely slow Internet after the upgrade to 2013 and after the hotfixes.  

Windows 7 64bit and using Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.  Any suggesttions.   Should I uninstall and re-install IE?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
mlaorest

I upgraded to 2013 last month when I renewed our TM (2012) subscription.

It took a while for me to identify that it was this **bleep** TM 2013 that was taking 95%+ of my memory.

When you power up it doesnt hit immediately ... but over the next 2 hours it slowly builds and builds until your PC gives you "low memory" Windows warning messages.

At first I thought it was other software (who would think Trend Micro would write crappy software).

I even bought an extra 4Gb of memory thinking it must be me hitting the laptop too hard - $120 down the drain.

So I called TM yesterday and they knew all about it!!

Sent me a patch which has not fixed it - http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1061287.aspx

So here I am now with coreServiceShell.exe running at 40% CPU and 9.4Gig of memory (and growing).

Told TM the patch didnt help so now I have had to send them hijackthis and system logs. Groan.

Please anyone .... How the hell do I fix this because the help from TM is taking too long!

Thanks.

Please use plain text.