Trend Micro
slabster
Accepted Solution

Password: How to reset or remove

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

The password we mean here is the program password which is different from your download and Trend Secure account passwords. This applies to Trend Micro Antivirus/Internet Security/Internet Security PRO or PC-cillin versions.

Check the scenarios below and choose which applies to your situation. I hope this helps everyone.

Scenario 1:

Cannot disable/uninstall the Trend Micro program because of the password

Use the diagnostic toolkit.

check iroh's post here

KB Links: 

How to uninstall my Trend Micro program using the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit

I have forgotten my password and cannot uninstall PC-cillin Internet Security for Dell

I cannot uninstall PC-cillin Internet Security 12 for Dell because it is asking for a password

Scenario 2:

Cannot configure the program and its feature (e.g. Parental Controls) because of the password

Download the password reset tool from this post

1. Disable the program using the diagnostic toolkit (QUIT/STOP ALL COMPONENTS/MODULES)

2. Run the tool

3. Enable the program using the diagnostic toolkit (START ALL COMPONENTS/MODULES)

Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit is found in C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security

You can also see it when you click your START > ALL PROGRAMS/PROGRAMS > TREND MICRO

If the password reset tool did not work, kindly post your operating system

Cheers!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as erza.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
walmysko

Re: Password

I have tried the solution offered and a message come up saying the password had been reset. But reset to what? I "Started  All Components" using the Diagnostic Tool and the tried changing the settings in Parental Cotrols, It still asked for a password and wouldn't let me in. Now when I try to start Trend Micro Internet Security I get a message that it has stopped working, but I still can't uninstall it.

System - Vista

Trend Micro Internet Security 2010 Serial No: PJEP etc

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
walmysko

Sorry, my System is Windows 7 

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
slabster

hi walmysko,

thanks for the information

i just tested the tool in windows 7 and same, it didn't remove the password

please standby for updates

thanks!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as erza.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
RAAR

Re: Password T

Hi All,

As a workaround you can use the solution for Scenario 1. This will not only remove your password but it will also remove your TrendMicro software. Please note that you will lose all your current settings when you re-install your TrendMicro program.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Honored Talent
RobertDitLeBob

Re: Password T

Or Trend will send you a password reset by mail like I have.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
tina024

Re: Password: How to reset or remove

I just renewed my trend micro on the same laptop for the 3rd year I had no problems renewing it last year but I am having a lot of problems they have my email wrong when the popup comes up to activate it. When I purchased it I got the email with all the purchase information saying I renewed it with the password and the serial number. But it will not let me finish installing it help please thank you so much

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Colemore

Hi,

I am having a similar problem with the password. Do not remember setting one and have tried the password reset tool that was mentioned in previous posts.

If you could assist that would be great. Using Trend Micro Internet Security 17.50.1705.0000 on windows XP home, sp3.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
robin_p

Hi Colemore,

Are you trying to reset the password or remove the password?

Either way, you can just reinstall the Trend Micro Internet Security 17.50.1705.0000.

To uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security 2010 [17.50.1705.0000]

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-uninstall-Trend-Micro-Internet-Security-2010.aspx

To download and install Trend Micro Internet Security 2010 [17.50.1705.0000]

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-download-and-install-Trend-Micro-Internet-Security-2010....

After reinstalling it, the program won't have the product password anymore.

If you're upgrading to the 2011 version which is Titanium, then just uninstall the 2010 [17.50.1705.0000], then install the new version.

For future concerns, you may also check http://esupport.trendmicro.com

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Hi Colemore,

Robin is right. You can uninstall and re-install the program. He provided the link now and you can follow the instructions there.

Also, if your license is still valid, you can perform a FREE upgrade of the program to the latest version which would Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2011.

Please use plain text.