Skip to content

Stone Esquire
vandanielle90
Accepted Solution

My trend micro titanium wont open or run or anything! please help!

Okay so i have been playing around with this for a few days now and have gotten nowhere and honestly have no clue what im doing. everytime i click on the icon for trend micro titanium on my desktop, nothing happens. or sometimes the little window comes up but nothing after that. i've tried all the troubleshooting and nothing has worked. please help i honestly dont know whats wrong with it. i am runnning on windows 7 on my laptop. i also had an older version and upgraded to the free titanium that was offered to me.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
j0927

Re: My trend micro titanium wont open or run or anything! please help!

[ Edited ]

hi vandanielle90,

What specific trend micro program are you using? is it titanium maximum security, internet security, or antivirus+?

For the mean time, you may try the solution on this link:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/Cannot-Open-Main-Console-on-main-windows-account.aspx

Please let us know if this helps :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
vandanielle90

just tried the solution given to me by the link and it still doesnt work and for which titanium I am using I am not sure because everywhere I look it just says Trend Micro Titanium

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
khanto

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
khanto

Just in case, you can use the hotfix below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/Unable-to-Open-Main-Console-.aspx

thanks

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
vandanielle90

I have tried both of these and neither has worked

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi vandanielle90, 

Please try following the steps on this link.

Only on the last part, on the part that has 9 steps. please follow these steps:

TM won't open.JPG

Hope this helps.

Regards, 

Artee :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
shintenhouji

Hi vandanielle90,

You may also try to see if the UAC (User Account Control) level of your Windows 7 is too high for it to allow the opening of the Trend Micro program.

Please try to follow the steps in this link to change the level or disable the UAC.

Please let us know if this is helpful. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
bunny1337

I have the same problem and did what u said there but it doesnt work.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
sakura

Hi bunny1337,

I suggest that it's best to isolate the root cause of the issue. We'll start with your UAC first.

To disable your UAC, follow the steps below:

1. Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

2.  To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off. Try to open the Trend Micro main console after disabling your UAC. If this works, this means that the security associated on your UAC is causing this issue.

When you're done isolating this issue, turn on your UAC. To do this, follow this procedure below:

• To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click OK.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

As soon as you're done turning on your UAC, click on this link and follow the directions to apply the hotfix.

For better understanding on what is UAC, here's a brief explanation:

UAC stands for User Account Control, and is a new security feature of Windows 7. It prompts the user if he/she would allow a certain application run before it will be executed. However, this feature may cause issues on opening some applications due to its level of security. When you failed to run application due to this, if it's a trusted application you can set it to "Always run with Administrator Priviledges" to prevent the UAC from blocking it.

Hope this helps! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.