Stone Esquire
trident

LONG and SLOW updates with Titanium 2013

Recently installed Titanium 2013. Every time an update begins it takes about 40 minutes for it to complete and slows my computer down to a crawl. It updates about 10 minutes after I turn the computer on and at various times throughout the day. Each time takes forever. I need help in trying to figure out what is wrong. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
_austin316_

Re: LONG and SLOW updates with Titanium 2013

[ Edited ]

Hi trident,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Regarding the update, its frequency depends on the availability of the patterns in a day, it would check for new patterns every three hours and its behavior is really to check for updates after 10 minutes when you turn on the computer.

However, the concern you raised about the time it takes to download and install the updates is something that we can check. Its performance usually depends on the speed of your internet connection and the computer environment. Say you have there a stable and fast internet connection, then checking the system environment is what we can do. With that you may provide us a copy of your system information, just attach it on your response and also you may check the system requirements for installing Titanium 2013. Please refer on the links below:

System Information:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1055468.aspx

System Requirements:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1061046.aspx

Regards,

_austin316_

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
trident

Yes, I have a stable and fast internet connection. Another computer in the house runs perfectly. I have a Dell XPS 200.

2.8 GHz, 1 GB ram. I had the previous version of Trend before this one and everything was fine. Let me know what more information you need. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
robin_p

Hi trident,

Your Trend Micro program updates every 3 hours after a successful update, so if the update is not successful, it will keep trying until it gets the required update. Since you mentioned your internet connection is all good, then we can check other factors like conflicting software, possible malware infection or possible windows operating system issue.

Kindly check which part of the update does the program takes long, to do so:

1. Open Trend Micro program.

2. Click (?) symbol at the upper right corner of the console.

3. Click About. This is actually the manual way of updating the program.

Please reply with the exact message or error that you get while the update is running.

Regards,

Robin

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
trident

It is actually Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security that I have. I upgraded to this from the regular one. Could this have something to do with the problem? Never had any issues with the other version.

Please use plain text.