Skip to content

Stone Esquire
llee0501
Accepted Solution

Issues with Trend Micro Vault

When I try accessing my Trend Vault I receive a message stating "The configuration information was lost or corrupted.  Please connect this computer to the internet before trying again."  I am obviously connected to the internet as I am writing the post.  I have rebooted just to see if that would clear the message but that did not work.  Has anyone had this issue?  I cannot even turn it off in the main console?  I am thinking I have to re-install but what would have caused this issue.  And am I going to lose the info in my Vault?

I noticed every since this update I have had nothing but issues with this new version.  I even receive a messages throughout the day that Trend has turned itself off but then it comes back online by itself.  And my IE is locking up now to where I have to reboot as I never had this issue before.  I am seriously thinking about rolling back until all the kinks are worked out of this newer version.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Everette

Re: Issues with Trend Micro Vault

Hi, I was wondering about this too. I am getting the same error message and wanted to know if you found a solution yet?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
slabster

hi guys,

did you upgrade from Trend Micro Internet Security Pro to Titanium Maximum Security?

cheers :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as erza.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
DavidTh1nk

Hi guys. Yes I am another Trend customer who has the same vault message. I must admit, Trend has been a pretty good product for me to date, but there has never been one edition where I didn't have atleast one or two things that never worked properly, even when being used on different machines. Very frustrating!

I hope someone can explain.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Loidf

Same Problem...

History: After trying to install Titianium Max 2011 it failed because it couldn't uninstall Internet Security Pro 2010 (Which was working like a dream btw). Then IS Pro 2011 wouldn't work anymore. So after finally uninstalling IS Pro 2010 , I installed Titan Max 2011, and it just wiped out my wireless connection. Couldn't get it going again. Therefore uninstall Titan Max 2011, do a restore to b4 I installed Titan Max 2011 to get the wireless working again. But then IS Pro 2010, wouldn't work at all, nothing, not even uninstall by win control panel. I then uninstall IS Pro 2010 using Revo (Nothing else woul work) and then again after downloading TM Toolkit. Reinstalled IS Pro 2010. Reactivate the TM Vault, but it says it is already installed. Now everything is working fine again, but my TM file vault says it needs to "connect to internet to get configuration information". My computer is connected to the internet all the time, I can update TM, surf the net, get emails, etc.

Any solution or work around?

I REALLY need the files in the Vault!!!!!!

Otherwise the only thing seems to be to uninstall the vault and reinstall?

TM should really have some sort of failsafe for this program if they tell you to save your most sensitive docs in it! Especially when you do something standard like install/uninstall :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
Geocite

Hi All,

Since you're having problems with the Trend Micro Vault, you may submit a case on our Email Support for the retreival of your files as long you've never reinstalled the Trend Micro Titanium™ on your computer because it will delete the files from your previous Trend Micro vault.

Regards,

Geo

Please use plain text.