Stone Emissary
drhubarb

Re: Issues installing Titanium

Well, here I am again.  I've been without a computer for the past week BECAUSE OF TREND MICRO.  So I'm just now seeing this thread again.  And guess what, I STILL don't have protection from Trend Micro.  The last post from SusanW tells me to go to my help menu...  the main console has nothing available for me to click on, it is DISABLED, everything is grayed out except for the restart now button, which just repeats the pain I've been going through for the last week... so no, I can't go to "my help menu".   There was no box/disk, I downloaded it (clearly, this was a mistake, but Trend Micro offered it like it was the best option).  And, your contact info says I can only contact you during work hours...  When I'm AT WORK. 

Useless.

No, it has not been resolved quickly.  This has been and continues to be a royal pain in the a$$.  I want my money back so I can spend it on another company that is willing to provide a product that works, since Trend Micro is incapable of doing that for me. 

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
drhubarb

ps... see the attachment.  It SAYS disabled.  I can't click on anything, including the tiny help in the upper right corner.  The desktop icon is there, but this is all it gives me when I click on it.  I can't do updates or scans.  The small icon in the system tray is gray, and when I hover the mouse on it, it says I need to restart my computer (it ALWAYS says that now, no matter how many times I restart).  When I open the MS Windows "shield", it says I'm unprotected and specifically names Trend Micro Titanium as being turned off.   

Please use plain text.
Moderator Emeritus
JSMO

Hi

Just a quick reminder that these forums are not setup as a support channel but as a peer to peer service for people to get in touch with each other concerning Trend Micro Products and Share their Trend Micro Experiences with one another.

Here is a quote from our community guidelines found here

Quote:

"
Finally, Trend Micro provides no formal customer support via these boards. However, employees from many different Trend Micro departments actively follow and sometimes volunteer their expertise and new information to these discussions. Trend Affiliates and our knowledgeable fans may also volunteer their knowledge and experience. If you are a Trend Micro customer you are welcome to open a formal case for support. Support contact information is located on the Community header menus, on trendmicro.com, and in your software.

I suggest you contact Customer Support directly if you need assistance ASAP.

Here's the info: http://us.trendmicro.com/us/about/contact/index.html

Thank you for understanding.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
sonycans

Hello Susan,

Unfortunately Trend Help desk seems not to have a full grasp on this issue.

This has happened on two different computers ergo this is becoming quite alarming to me.

Trend Micro really need to find a fix to this.

Kindest Regards

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
sonycans

Re: Issues installing Titanium - There is a solution

After talking extensively with Trend, I finally reached a person whom seems to know what is going wrong with the installation. He gave me the following instructions.

1.     Download the SubInACL from Microsoft website. Please see the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&dis...

Note: The install path should be C:\Windows\System32

2.     Download and install the hotfix:

https://teamtrack.trendmicro.com/tmtrack/tmtrack.dll?AttachmentPage&AttachmentID=1513048/Ti_30_win_e...

If for some reason this website is down, call TrendMicro and ask them to e-mail to you the TI_30_win_en_KeyRecover_Tool.exe fix.  The file is less than a meg in size.  I attempted to attach the file here but they would not accept .exe files.

3.     Rebuild the certclas.inf:

a.     Go to Start>>Run. Type in cmd and hit Enter

b.     In the cmd window type in: net stop cryptsvc and press Enter. Wait for the notification regarding stopping the service.

c.      In the next line type in: ren C:\Windows\System32\Catroot2 oldcatroot2 and press Enter.

d.     In the next line type in: net start cryptsvc and press Enter. Wait for the notification regarding starting the service.

e.     Close the cmd window.

4.     Reboot the machine.

5.     Download and install the Trend Micro Titanium.

This should get rid of the Protection disabled message.

Kindest Regards

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
saolish

Re: Issues installing Titanium - There is a solution

the fix seems to be down, and i am currently in australia, and there no support for this only a esupport, that doesnt supply any email links. i need this asap, im currently with no security what so ever.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
jim7kerr7

I couldn't initially delete the Trend Micro folders but found that ACRONIS' file shredder did the job and now Titanium has installed correctly. (W7)

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
Geocite

*** Locked topic because problem was already resovled. For related concer, please post a new topic from the link below:

Home and Home Office:

http://community.trendmicro.com/t5/Home-and-Home-Office-Forum/bd-p/homeoffice

Please use plain text.