Skip to content

Stone Esquire
lopezg
Accepted Solution

Incompatible Software, Urgent.

[ Edited ]

I've tried installing  Trend Micro Maximum Security 2012 but it told me to uninstall the incompatible software. Which I did, but now it keeps telling me to uninstall one that I already uninstalled before. It is CA Internet Security Suite 2007. I have done removal tools that supposedly uninstalled it but everytime I try to install Trend Micro it won't let me. I have already installed Trend Micro on another computer. But this one has been giving me problems and I don't know what to do anymore. Help? I really want to fix this ASAP.

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
PartyJetsetGo

Re: Incompatible Software, Urgent.

hi, found this thread in another forum about uninstalling that version, perhaps you can check out the steps:

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/591742-cant-uninstall-ca-internet-security.html

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
lopezg

I've tried the advice on here and none seem to work! Anything else. I am really desperate. I don't want my computer to go any longer without protection.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
_austin316_

Hi lopezg,

You may try to manually search for entries for CA Internet Security Suite 2007. Look for it on the C:\Program Files folder and search the registry for possible entries.

Regards,

_austin316_

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Hi lopezg,

Kindly follow Austin's recommendation. To add up, please check the following on the registry:

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\eTrust Suite Personal
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\eTrust Suite Personal
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VETWIN32Vp5
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VETWIN32Vp5

If you see them, just delete them.

Note: Make sure to back up your registry.

Regards,

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Honored Talent
RobertDitLeBob

Pass Ccleaner to clean the registry and safeguard the results in a file you name Ccleaner Log. Restart PC and pass Ccleaner again and install Trend.

Tell me if it works.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
sthrane

The install to the latest version is asking to uninstall IOLO System Mechanic which IS NOT a virus software, I paid a lot of money for it and I WANT TO KEEP IT. Now I am stuck in a loop and HAVE NO VIRUS SOFTWARE. My license does not expire until 2015 and I HAVE NO VIRUS SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
fjordz

Hi sthrane,

Iolo software is indeed incompatible with Trend Micro. The program may have some components or features that are similar with that of Titanium making it a conflicting software. You may check the link below for more information about incompatible software and on how you can remove them from your computer:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1061023.aspx

Now, if you insist of using Iolo System Mechanic, that is still possible. However, just to set your expectations, you may encounter performance issues in the long run if both software are running in your system.

Just uninstall Iolo first from your computer then proceed to the installation of the latest version of your Titanium subscription. Afterwards, when Titanium is already up and running on your system, you may then reinstall Iolo.

Regards,
Fjordz

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
fjordz

Hi sthrane,

Were you able to successfully install your Trend Micro program? Please let us know if you need further assistance by updating this thread.

Regards,

Fjordz

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chazyAldz

Hi sthrane,

We would like to follow-up this case to make sure that we were able to address your concern. Please post your response to let us know of any updates.

Thank you and have a great day!

Regards,

chazyaldz

Please use plain text.