Skip to content

Stone Esquire
Mr-Fabulous
Accepted Solution

How to change my installations?

I recently purchased a new laptop. With it, I also purchased Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2011, 3-PC, 36month.

The laptop RAM failed and had to be replaced, and with it, the HDD had to be formatted and recovered.
All my programs, including Trend Micro were deleted.

After I re-installed, I checked my account (I refused to go online without anti-virus installed on my computer) and it states that I have it installed on two separate computers, when in fact, they are the same computer.

Is there a way to have Trend Micro verify that they are the same computer (computer specs, IP address, anything) and retrieve one of my installations? I only have it on the one computer, but it has used up two installations and I would like to fix it.

I was told to simply contact Trend Micro after installation to have it changed but I am yet to find out how to do this.

Any help?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
BULLDOG

Re: How to change my installations?

I understand that you are bit concern about the seat that was used on your Trend micro license. Please be advise that the system was not able to determine if the second installation that you did was for the same computer. However no need to worry since you could always use those slot as you have an option to transfer your protection from a previous installation to new installation . If you need to contact us by phone you may use this link to check for the number base on your region.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/about-support.aspx

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Mr-Fabulous

Thank you for that, Im not entirely sure if I understand completely though.

Follow up question / situation:
Say I was to install my copy of Trend Micro onto a second laptop I owned.
Then I wished to install it onto a desktop I own, this would be the fourth installation according to my account.
During this fourth installation, will I have the option to use one of my earlier installations to remove it from one of the laptops, and install it onto the desktop instead?

If this is the case, then that would be excellent.

Please use plain text.
Master Esquire Neo
Master Esquire
Neo

Hello Mr-Fabulous

that is the case after you're doing another installation just replace with one which is not in use and everything is ok ....

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
fjordz

Hi Mr-Fabulous,

I understand that your concern is regarding transfer of your program from one computer to another. However, as you've mentioned, you're using Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2011. Currently, the latest program is the 2012 version. You may want to upgrade your subscription to the latest version to maximize your computer's protection. Please refer to the link below on how you can upgrade to Titanium Maximum Security 2012:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059036.aspx

The link above contains step-by-step instruction on how you can upgrade to the 2012 version. It will also help you on how to transfer your protection to the other computer. 

Just to make things clear, for every installation, the program gets one seat of your license regardless if it's re-installed to the same computer. But, you can always transfer the protection to maximize all three seats of your subscription.

For your scenario, I highly recommend that you upgrade to the 2012 version and then transfer the protection to your other computer (or the same computer, in your case) by following the instructions on the link above. Just make sure that you still have an active subscription (subscription is not yet expired) so you can upgrade for free to the 2012 version.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Mr-Fabulous

Brilliant, thanks for that.
If the users are transferable, then its all good.
Have never heard of a feature such as that, pretty good feature.
Definately beats spending an hour on the phone to customer support trying to get it transferred (wont say which company :smileyvery-happy: ).
Will definately stick with Trend Micro in the future and suggest it to others.

I have successfully updated to 2012.

Again, thanks for the help on this topic, it is appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
fjordz

You're welcome! Thanks for choosing Trend Micro.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
JOEFAVIA

Hi,

I've got Internet Security 2010 on Windows XP on 8 different office PCs. Our licenses were renewed this past January. We will be getting new hardware with Windows7 shortly and I was wondering whther we can migrate the licenses to the new HW and upgrade our software to 2012 at the same time. From what I gather, there should be no problem at all.

Sincerely

Joe

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
fjordz

Hi JOEFAVIA,

Yes. You can migrate your current subscriptions to the Windows 7 computers using the same SN. Having said that you're using Internet Security 2010, you may refer to the link below on how to upgrade that version to the Titanium Internet Security 2012:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1058977.aspx

Regards,

Fjordz 

Please use plain text.