Skip to content

Stone Esquire
72bpme5
Accepted Solution

How do I get rid of My Search Dial?

[ Edited ]

Http://start.mysearchdial.com appeared on my computer from nowhere. is bloody useless and now Trend tells me it is a top ranking germ infected site.

I have uninnstalled the program but it is still there opening as my searc engine when I would profer google.

How so I get rid of it?

I have done a virus scan but that doesn't work even thought Trend has identified it as a nasty.

Can you help?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
anomalee

Re: How do I get rid of Mt Search Dial?

Hi 72bpme5,

May I know what web browser are you currently using? It maybe Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

Warm Regards,

anomaly.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
francism

Re: How do I get rid of My Search Dial?

Hi 72bpme5,

You can try to reset the settings of your browser by following the link below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1096707.aspx

Also, you can try to uninstall mysearch dial from your control panel, follow the instructions below:

1. To uninstall MySearchDial program from your computer, click the Start button, then selectControl Panel, and click on Uninstall a program.

2. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove MySearchDial from your computer.

Let me know if this solution worked.

Regards,

francism

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
72bpme5

Internet explorer11.

Thankyou for taking the trouble to help.

We Aussies need all the help we can get---except in the cricket.

Cheers

bob 

I have tried to uninstall through the control panel.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
72bpme5

Thankyou for taking the troubleto respond.  This is driving me bonkers.  Everytime I go to Internet Explorer 11 it flashes straight on to My Search Dial (with a big Trend X across it).  I  then bypass it to open in google.

Before I posted on this site I did what you suggest.  The onlyeffect was to remove it from thelist in the control panel.  But the page with the X is still the first place that internet explorer goes.

Cheers

Bob

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chazyAldz

[ Edited ]

Hi @72bpme5,

You may as well check the following components and remove from Control Panel: Mywebsearch Bar, Mywebsearch Smiley Central, Mywebsearch Outlook Express or Incredimail, My Way Speedbar Smiley Central, My Way Speedbar Yahoo or AOL, My Way Speedbar Outlook Express or Incredimail, Search Assistant My Way, Search Assistant Mywebsearch, Fun Web Products Easy Installer, and Weatherbug Companion

In Internet Explorer, please do the following:

A. Check the homepage:

1. >Click Tools > Internet Options > General.
  2. Look under homepage and change the homepage URL to www.google.com or to your preference.
    You may as well click Use blank button if you want to see a blank page everytime you open it.

B. Remove Add-ons related to MyWebSearch

1. Click Tools > Manage Add-ons.
  2. Look for MyWebSearch and any of the above mentioned related names then click Remove.

C. Check the target property of IE icon on the desktop.

1. Right-click IE icon.
  2. Click Properties. Check the path under Target. It should show something like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
    If the Target field has additional text after "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe". Please let us know to check if we can remove it.

We will look forward for any updates regarding this.

Regards,

chazyAldz

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
cowpiewis

I'm using Firefox 26.0. I have checked "Add-on Toolbar" under "Options". At the lower left of said Add-on Toolbar, there is an icon for My Search Dial, in which the word "Search" stands out. I left-clicked on the My Search Dial icon, and got a pop-up menu. One of the options was "Uninstall". I selected that, and it worked. It required a restart of Firefox.

I missed the most obviuos, which is to go to the "Add-ons" option in Firefox, and select "Uninstall", or "Disable".

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Soozin

A new program blocks Enternet Explorer and Google Chrome

The following link is blocking Google Chrome and Enternet Explorer from opening and Titantium Anti Virus says it is dangerous on that very pop up when I try to open either of the above.

Does anyone have a suggestion?  Here is the link: http://start.mysearchdial.com/?f=1&a=irmsd0101&cd=2XzuyEtN2Y1L1Qzu0CzztD0A0Azy0F0D0DtAtA0Azyzy0FyBtN...

&cr=1056291321&ir=

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
fjordz

Re: A new program blocks Enternet Explorer and Google Chrome

Hi @Soozin,

Kindly check the list of toolbars installed on your computer and embedded on your web browsers as those may have been compromised. 

To uninstall those unnecessary toolbars, please refer to the link below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1101742.aspx

After removing the compromised toolbars, reset your browser settings by following the steps below. Kindly backup as well your bookmarks/favorites:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1096707.aspx

Regards,

Fjordz

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
George123

Re: A new program blocks Enternet Explorer and Google Chrome

if you are troubled with Start.MySearchDial.com browser hijacker as well, you can follow these removal steps to remove its files like %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarguid.dat and %AppData%[trojan name]toolbaruninstallStatIE.dat.

Please use plain text.