Stone Esquire
barb750
Accepted Solution

HELP! it claims my subscription expired, and won't update

According to my account info, my subscription is good until August 24, 2013. But, my Trend Micro Internet Security program has suddenly claimed that my subscription is expired, and it won't do ANYTHING. It won't accept the serial number from my orginal purchase, and refuses to function at all.

Please help me fix this ASAP; I run my home-based business from this computer, and it would be devastating to have it be infected with a virus becuase of this issue.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
brucehome

Re: HELP! it claims my subscription expired, and won't update

I am having the exact same problem.  My subscription still has several months to run and I have the original email with all the activation codes.  It won't accept any of those and when I use the renew button, it give the same cannot update try again in a few minutes.

Is this an end of life product and they've abandoned it?  What is going on? How do we get anti-virus working again.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
kevmark77

[ Edited ]
Hi barb750 and brucehome,

I understand that your Trend Micro program is saying expired even though the account still has remaining months on the subscription. What version of the Trend Micro program do you have currently installed?

You can also check the correct program that is applicable with your serial number in this page:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1054753.aspx

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

kevmark77

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
barb750

Update, as of today (when I turned my computer back on) I got a notice that said:

On Dec 19th 2012, Trend Micro will no longer support PC-cillin Internet Security 16 for Dell, as required by the Trend Micro Consumer Product Lifecycle Policy.

All support for this release will officially conclude on Jan 29st 2013.

Your current subscription qualifies you for a FREE upgrade to Titanium Internet Security for Dell 2011, fully compatible with Microsoft® Windows® 7 and Internet Explorer® 8.

This makes a whole lot more sense than yesterday's expiration date lockout did; I clicked on the free upgrade link and am currently downloading the upgrade. I will post again later after I install it, to report whether it fixes the problem or not. Hopefully it will :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
barb750

Cool, the new installation worked! I just had to put in my original serial number, and switch protection to this computer (it claimed that I had protection on more than one computer, and would have to discontinue protection on the other PC in order to protect this one, but in reality there is only one computer - this is the same one that came from Dell with Trend already installed on it - go figure!).

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
kevmark77

[ Edited ]

Hi barb750,

That's good to hear! I'm glad you were able to install the new version of the Trend Micro program for Dell.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

kevmark77

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.