Skip to content

Stone Esquire
ancientone
Accepted Solution

Firewall settings in 2012 version

I need to turn off my firewall protection to install a software program.  I can find no where that  I can do this.  Help please!

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
khanto

Re: Firewall settings in 2012 version

Hi,

The Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2012 or Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012 doesn't have a Personal Firewall like the 2010 versions.

If you have some difficulty installing a program, try to disable Trend Micro and check if it will allow you.

To disable, right click on the Trend Micro icon at the bottom right corner of the screen and select exit.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ancientone

Thanks for your help.  Guess I'm from the old school.  What does it use for a firewall?  The instructions with the software say if it doesn't install try disabling the firewall, nothing about any other security. Maybe I should try disabling the Trend Micro and also the Windows firewall??

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
khanto

For the Titanium version, it uses Firewall Booster. Its some kind of extra level of protection on top of Windows Firewall.

For your issue, Try disabling the program first, if it still blocks the program you're attempting to install, then try disabling your main firewall which is the Windows Firewall.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ancientone

THanks for being so much help to me.  Yet another question.  If I "Exit" the program, how do I get it back when the time comes?  This version is so completely new to me. 

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
khanto

[ Edited ]

For you to to re-enable the program, just look for the shortcut icon on your desktop and double click on it. You can also restart the machine. :smileyvery-happy:

Happy Holidays

This is the kb entry for disabling Trend Micro Temporarily.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1058376.aspx

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ancientone

THank you so much!  I will just jump in and try it!  A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.

Please use plain text.