Stone Noble
charlesdb
Accepted Solution

Firefox 8 is out..guess what?

Yes, you've guessed.  Trend Toolbar incompatible.  Well, well.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
red_one

Re: Firefox 8 is out..guess what?

Since Firefox 8 was just release... it's not yest supported there is no word yet on when it will be supported.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Honored Talent
RobertDitLeBob

Re: Firefox 8 is out... Guess what?

I think id would be nice if they were friends and talk about it before and every one approves in either side.
Make us a surprise ! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
vodoun

Re: Firefox 8 is out..guess what?

It gets better, Firefox 9.0 Beta 1. By the time Firefox 9 is officially released, Trend Micro will be a few revisions behind. :/
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
TimmyJimmy

Trend Toolbar Not Working With Firefox 8

Is there a patch yet for Trend Titanium toolbar

so it will work with Firefox 8?

If yes please relay the link.

If not - when is it likely that there will be a patch released?

Please use plain text.
Honored Talent
RobertDitLeBob

Re: Trend Toolbar Not Working With Firefox 8

[ Edited ]

On all reserves.

I think that Firefox is keeping the info. and giving it to ???  first. This is done whit a lot of modules.
So, I'll wait any way !

Still love my fifth year on the Trend for Maximum ! ¤L

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Thank you for the trust you gave Trend Microo as you security program.

Patches for the new FireFox versions will be released soon. I am not definite of the date, but, one thing I can assure is that Trend Micro's developers are carefully looking into the codes and the new environment of the new version for FireFox to provide you the best security while browsing on these platforms.

For the time being that Trend Micro toolbars are not compatible, I would suggest to make use of other supported Internet browsers like Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.

Thank you for understanding.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
trevor_pretty

Why should we change browsers?

Chrome and Firefox both have short release cycles, why do you support one and not the other?

The new firefox release schedule is well understood and I would have though by now you would be into firefox 9 testing ready for it's GA date of 20th December about a month away!

And please don't blame firefox you can turn off compatabilty checking and Trend's plug-ins still don't work.

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
HostedIT

Don't get me wrong Trevor, but Trend publically list what browsers are compatible with their software so if you choose to opt for another, don't bump your gums shouting at Trend about it eh...

Software programmers have a hard enough time trying to be multi-platform compatible without having people flame them for failing to continually keep pace with the myriad of different third-party apps that users [unrealistically in my opinion] expect them to. Do you *really* expect Trend to have a team of programmers sitting there basically doing little else but tweak software pretty much continually to maintain compatibility with the overlapping release dates of X, Y and Z browser, their bug-fix interim releases and also their Beta versions? And also naturally develop Trend's own programs when they get a minute or two in between all that?

For me, if you want compatibility, at least read the docs that are out there publically available and follow suit...

Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
charlesdb

There's a whole army of Firefox users out there who bought Trend Micro's offering with the assurance that it was compatible with Firefox 3.5 and above.  Go to the "purchase" website if you don't believe me.  That sounds like plain English to me.  If you're telling us to find another Security solution because your Software developers can't cope, then we'll do so.  Doesn't sound like good business to me though.

Please use plain text.