Skip to content

Stone Emissary
wschulte
Accepted Solution

File system corrupted .. ?

Dear all,

Since a few days I get a message from Windows (XP Pro SP3) as in the attached screenshot. A chkdsk is forced on the next boot. It concerns files from TM .. anybody experiencing the same problem ?

The file that seems to be corrupted is one from TM .. something with AMSP ...

Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
monkey_d_luffy

Re: File system corrupted .. ?

Try to uninstall and reinstall your TM program

-------------------------------------------------------------
Like my response? Please give me a Kudos!
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
wschulte

Well .. I did that, but in order to resolve another issue (http://community.trendmicro.com/t5/Home-and-Home-Office-Forum/CoreserviceShell-keeps-files-locked/td... and since then I havent seen the problem :smileyvery-happy:.

But the other issue is still there. For that I am awaiting a bit for the responce of the supportdesk of TM, but I am not very hopeful.

But I cannot really feel very hapy that this happened, and certainly not, that it goes away (if it does, it is still a bit early to tell) by re-installing TM.

Anyway .. I will await for TM, whether they are prepaired to look at the other problem at all (it doesnt look  that way till now).

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
michaeltr

[ Edited ]

Hello wshulte,

We greatly apologize for the inconvenience, I am coordinating internally to check what resolution we may provide you to fix both of your concerns. However can you message me your initial concern? I checked the link that you have posted but it doesn't open up. Expect a respond from me asap once you have sent me the initial concern.

By the way do you have other antivirus, antispyware on the computer?

We would also appreciate if you can post a Hijackthis Log for a thorough resolution.

Thanks!

I am a Trend Micro employee.  My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience.  I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others. Have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
wschulte

[ Edited ]

Hello,

The original problem was:

Hi all,

I am experiencing severe problems with TM Home Internet edition 2011. It keeps files locked (schedules them for delete) without removing the file .. until I reboot :smileymad:. Th eproblem is the most annoying in using the Lazarus/Free pascal compiler, but I saw the same in other applications, but in those occaissions I was able to wait until the next boot of the system. Effectively this makes the Lazarus-application unusable.

3 screenshots:

1. laz-error.png: the result of a lazarus compile. It aborts on not being able to create the file "fpc-res.or", because of an "Permission denied". That is rubbish..this file is created by the compiler, and every 1st compile atfer a reboot goes without problems, leaving an intact "fpc-res.or" file.
  2. del-error.png: the result of an attempt to delete the file manually (after having exited lazarus off course).
  3. filemonitor.png: all who have accessed the file "fpc-res.or". The first accesses (windres, coreserviceshell,ppc386, coreserviceshell) are from a succesful compile. The 2nd series of accesses are from a attempt to compile leading to the errors as in "laz-error.png". It becomes clear that somebody marked the file as "to be deleted" but did not do that yet ! As the coreserviceshell is the only strange accessor in the series, it seems logical that that is the one doing the harm. When i turn TM off compeltely I can compile it without a reboot  more then 10 times ... then i stopped.

Anyone experiencing the same problem ? TM doesnt want to help me, because "

Please be advised that the error messages not refering to Trend Micro so we cannot assist you with this issue.

"

And I dont have other antivirus programs running.

In the mean time I have done some research and it could be that the problem is caused by opportunistic locking .. The file where the complaint is about, does reside on a share that is mounted at the start (home directories for users are mounted right from the start on drive H:smileyhappy:. What file-monitor is stating, is that the coreserviceShell has put an lock on the file; as the lock isnt freed when the next compilation runs, the compiler cannot access the file. But I just dont know whether the coreserviceShell uses this mechanism. That could be a direction to search.

In the mean time I had to jnstall another antivirus product, as working on this particular project had become unbearable. Still I hope TM can come up with a real solution, and not, as the support guy just suggested, putting the file in the exception  list. 

With regards, Willy Schulte.

**************************************************​****************************************

Just an update, we can try upgrading to the new 2012 version and check if problem persist.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059​195.aspx

***Note: This thread is locked due to inactivity, for similar concerns kindly post a new topic.

Please use plain text.