Stone Esquire
Paul_S
Accepted Solution

Does uninstall/reinstall use original license?

I recently purchased Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security (3 licenses).  I installed on desktop and laptop and have one remaining license I will be using on a new computer soon.  I have done something (goofed up registry or something) and my Trend Micro will not start protection.  It keeps asking me to restart the computer, which I've done several times.  I want to uninstall and reinstall the program but am afraid doing so will use my third license and not the one originally used to install the program.  Does anyone know how it will be handled?  Do I simply reinstall and use the same name for the computer originally provided on installation?  I appreciate your feedback.  TY

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
silentpal

Re: Does uninstall/reinstall use original license?

Hi Paul_S,

To answer your question, yes you need to uninstall your current Trend Micro program if you are planning to re-install it just to fix the problem because you mentioned that you did something on your registry that created a problem. There is a process to transfer protection and this is to deactivate and re-activating your licenses.

Re-installing it may use your third seat but it's okay you can still install it on 3 computers. If you are going to install Trend Micro program for the fourth time you will get a message that say's something like "Too many installations" and to fix it please refer to the link below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059026.aspx

Hope this helps!

Regards,

silentpal

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Paul_S

Rock on!  Thanks for the explanation.  Crystal clear now.

Much appreciated,

Paul 

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
silentpal

Your Welcome Paul_S! Have a great day!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.