Stone Esquire e33
Stone Esquire
e33
Accepted Solution

Cut and Paste in Word + cookies not deleted

Hello everyone

TrendMicro user since last July (was also in the past).

Recently updated to Titanium IS (Internet Security).

My computer is custom-made, Win7 Ultimate, 64bit.

This is a new computer with no previous other Internet Security soft.

All softs are clear installs. (no ghost)

Since my upgrade to Titanium I experience 2 problems:

- I cannot cut and paste text (even partial) from a website into Word 2010.

- some cookies won't delete before turning the system into sleep or shut down.. !!

(I have never in 12 years of Internet, Antivirus software, several operating systems,

experienced such problems !)

I checked this forum, the web, MS website etc... I have not seen any solution yet.

The most annoying part is for the cut and paste.

Since Titanium doesn't really have a Firewall, relying on the one from MS, I checked

the MS Firewall settings, but could not see anywhere a possible change.

Did turn on and off the Titanium Firewall booster: no change

Checked also the options in Word (adds-in and Trusted Center): no effect

Please help :smileyhappy:

Michael B

PS: I was trying to copy this text into Word. I get the message at the bottom of the Word frame: "Contacting the server. Press ESC to cancel"...

So, using the old reliable Notepad :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire e33
Stone Esquire
e33

Re: Cut and Paste in Word + cookies not deleted

so... nobody with an answer to that ??

Please use plain text.
Stone Kendo
dmccann

e33- I use Titanium with both Firefox and IE8 and have no problem copy/pasting text. (I assume you mean copy not cut. Cut should not be allowed. Moving active content across domains is a big security no no. There may be settings in IE explorer to allow this but it’s not a good idea. The problem lies in idiosyncrasies of cutting text out of the forum’s text editor in the reply box. On the few occasions that I have experienced that error with copy/paste in regular web pages it has to do with the content not being locally available in my temp files and will eventually go if allowed to refresh from the server (which the forums text editor or some other sites may not allow.) As for the cookies—Titanium will only delete cookies it identifies as malicious or are from sites with poor reputations. It is admittedly not particularly aggressive. Given the changing threat landscape on the internet I believe that it is time for security solutions to consider that protecting privacy is as important as protecting data.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire e33
Stone Esquire
e33

dmccann: thanks for your answer.

Sorry, I meant "copy & paste".  After uninstalling Titamium and reinstalling, it works again.

Might have been an update conflict from TrendMicro, Microsoft or whatever else...

For the cookies: I do them manually by first deleting the Temporary Internet Files

using the path (in IE): Tools -> Internet options etc... and then when files are deleted

I go to "settings" -> "view files" where there are some cookies.

Some can be deleted, others no ! and not because there are more relevant.

Even more surprising when in the contrary, I can delete all cookies hidden

in Win7 in a hidden folder named "Cookies" following:
AppData -> Roaming -> Microsoft -> Windows.

Please use plain text.