Skip to content

Stone Esquire
msundeen1981

Computer crashing with trend micro titainum max security installed

With trend micro titainum max security installed, my computer crashes and goes to the blue screen. The frequency of the crashing is once in a week. I am running windows 7 x64 professional on my toshiba laptop. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Re: Computer crashing with trend micro titainum max security installed

Hi msundeen1981,

So that we can further help you with this, you can post your System Information here. Please refer to the link below on how to generate the System Information log:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-get-System-Information-log-needed-by-Technical-Support.a...

Kindly attach the exported log on your reply post.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
msundeen1981

Here is my system information you requested.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire JR
Stone Esquire
JR

I have the same issue as msundeeen 198. My BSoD happens every week as well, and always on a Friday for the past four weeks. The BSoD is as follows:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

STOP:  0x0000007A (0xC05CF900, 0x000000E, 0xB9F2050C, 0xA0983860)

atapi.sys – Address B9F2050C base at B9F13000

Beginning dump of physical memory

From comments posted online, atapi.sys is a favorite point of penetration for viruses and malware (but it’s also a file for which errors related to hardware can be the cause).

Attached is JRs System Information 04-08-11.txt.

Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security detects threat “post-load.exe” before each BSoD event. This is interesting – and perhaps relevant – because the XRay My PC website (http://www.xraymypc.com/process/p/post-load.exe.htm) shows information regarding “post-load.exe” (see below).

Most interesting is the location of the file

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP\resource\patch\c14t1402l1p5889r1o1\1.50.1414\post-load.exe.

Is this a Trend Micro patch file? If so, why does my scan always report it as a threat? If it’s a threat, what’s it doing in the Trend Micro folder?

Here’s the info from XRay My PC regarding post-load.exe

post-load.exe

Product: test

Process: test

Related Files:

DLLs Needed By This File

advapi32.dll

comctl32.dll

gdi32.dll

kernel32.dll

lz32.dll

shell32.dll

user32.dll

Files Associated With This Process:

None Specified.

Description:

post-load.exe is a test process which belongs to test from test.

Recommendation:

Security Rating:  Unknown

Scan your PC now with a free system scan.

Recommendation: This process has not been reviewed yet. It is recommended to run a free system scan.

General Information:

Company: test

Product Version: test

File Size: 1 770 KB

Path: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP\resource\patch\c14t1402l1p5889r1o1\1.50.1414\post-load.exe

Date Created: 03/12/2010 21:58

Please use plain text.