Stone Emissary
Noelle
Accepted Solution

Cannot open console - Cannot access ufnavi.exe

Hello,

I have a major problem with Trend Micro this monring. I have Trenc Micro Internet security for Dell and I cannot open the console anymore. I can the error message : "Windows cannot access c:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\UfNavi.exe.

What should I do?

Thanks !!!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
synchronized30

Re: Cannot open console - Cannot access ufnavi.exe

Hi Noelle,

When was the first time you experienced this message? Please provide a system information for us to check if there is a conflicting software that might be preventing the Trend Micro program from running.

Please do the following so we can get the information we need from your system. Please generate and send us these logs:

System Information:

1. Click START > RUN
  2. Type in MSINFO32
  3. Click OK
  4. Click FILE or ACTION> EXPORT
  5. Save file as SYSINFO.TXT
  6. Uncheck SAVE ONLY SELECTED ROWS
            (If you don't have this option just ignore this and proceed to the next instruction) 
  7. Attach SYSINFO.TXT file on your response to this thread.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Nostradamus

I, too, cannot open the console and am getting the "cannot access ufnavi.exe" error message. My SYSINFO.TXT is attached.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi Nostradamus, 

You can try upgrading your current Trend Micro program to the latest one.

For Titanium Antivirus (Serial Number starts Axxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx):

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/pages/How-to-download-and-install-Trend-Micro-Titanium-AntiVirus-2011...

For Titanium Internet Security (Serial Number starts Pxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx):

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-download-and-install-Trend-Micro-Titanium-Internet-Secur...

For Titanium Maximum Security (Serial Number starts Xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx):

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-download-and-install-Trend-Micro-Titanium-Maximum-Securi...

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Nostradamus

Is this a free upgrade?

How do I find my serial number if I cannot access the console? My Trend AV came with my Dell computer. I have paid for an additonal 1 year subscription.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi Nostradamus, 

I have sent you a private message. Please check on your Inbox.

Thanks, 

Artee

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Nostradamus

From the Start Menu, I can tell that I have Trend Internet Security.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

For Serial Numbers starting with Dxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (This is usually bundled with Dell computers):

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/4/How-do-I-download-Trend-Micro-Internet-Security-for-Dell.aspx

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Nostradamus

It worked! And it solved my problem of Outlook not being able to pull down my email.

Many thanks,

Nostradamus

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Robaba

Hello,

I had a similar problem to the initial writer.  I am actually a TM reseller and I support businesses, and one of my one-computer businesses has at Dell W7 box with Trend Micro Internet Security (for Dell, I suppose), version 16.6. 

Everything was fine until a few days ago when everything started taking a long time (getting to desktop, starting an application, etc).  I noticed that TM was not running and furthermore you could not start it.  Got the error message Windows cannot access C:\Program FIles\Trend Micro\Internet Security\Ufnavi.exe.

I noticed in Windows Explorer that the file is actually there, but there was no "TrendMicro" icon associated with it.

I believe that some recent Windows update has clobbered Trend Micro.  Here is what I did to come to that conclusion:

1.  I did a system restore to 8 days ago (would have been April 24, 2011).   Restarting Windows showed everything running fine, incl Trend Micro.

2.  As an experiment, I did a Windows Update, taking about six updates, and rebooted when prompted.

3.  Upon the reboot, the initial condition occurred, i.e. could not start Trend Micro, incl no icon in the system tray.

At this time I Googled appropriate phrases and came to this thread.

What I have done, pending hearing from someone about this, is I did a did a msinfo and have exported all to a file which I am ready to send to someone who wants to see it, and then I re-restored the system back to the restore point where everything works, and then disabled Windows Update.

Please let me know what can be done.

Thanks much

Here is what I did:

Please use plain text.