Skip to content

Stone Esquire
extro
Accepted Solution

Can't open console, and HUGE debug files

Hi,

Trend micro has been sitting in the background doing it's thing for a few months now, however, today I noticed that my system harddrive was running kinda low (178gb free on a 500gb disk), and all I ever install on the drive is small general programs, certainly nothing huge.  So a little searching revealed that my trend folder was 212GB in size, in particular this folder:

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP\debug\

A little searching said to click a 'stop collecting info' button or some such in the main console, however, I am unable to open it up.  Absolutely nothing happens when I click on the system tray icon, or the shortcut in the start menu.

Again, hit up google, and the only real info I can find suggests to diable compatibility mode, but it isn't enabled.

Since I can't open up the console, I can't easily check what version I am running, but I believe it to be v3.0.

Any help would be appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
easeyourpain

Re: Can't open console, and HUGE debug files

[ Edited ]

Hi there Extro!

To fix this problem, I suggest that you uninstall the Titanium program using the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit. 

1. Click on Start Button > All Programs > Trend Micro folder > More tools and Help > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.

2. Then please click on Uninstall tab then click on Uninstall. Please take note of your serial number before proceeding.

After the uninstallation, please restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Now you may now try to download again the Trend Micro program.

Note: Serial number that starts with:

"X" should use "Titanium Maximum Security"

"P" should use "Titanium Internet Security"

"A" should use "Titanium Antivirus+"

Here's the download link for Trend Micro software: Look it up under "Home and Home office"

http://downloadcenter.trendmicro.com/

Once we have it reinstalled, please do the following steps below to stop the debug logs collection.

1. Click on Start Button > All Programs > Trend Micro folder > More tools and Help > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.

Under Debug tab, please click on "Default Level" set it to "Custom Level". A new window should appear with some boxes checked, please uncheck all then click on Ok.

After you have followed this steps we should now be able to open the Titanium main console again and free up disk space on your hard drive.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Re: Can't open console, and HUGE debug files

[ Edited ]

Just an additional...

You can delete the debug logs created by the program to create more space on your computer.

***Note: This thread is locked due to inactivity, for similar concerns kindly post a new topic.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.