Stone Esquire
texaztech
Accepted Solution

Beware of Trend Micro Renewal Pricing

Beware of Trend Micro billing! 

Trend Micro is running a 50% off special right now. So for 39.95 I can get the Titanium Maximum Security just regular purchase of clicking on buy now. But I have an account that is up for renewal on 11/30/2010 and I click on renew now and logged into my account. It lets me know that my old version is now Titanium Internet Security and to renew it now is $55.95 but if I was to just buy it on a new account or click buy it now it is $34.95. 

This is an extremely bad practice on Trend Micro's part to charge more for a renewing customer! Makes me want to go to another company. So as for now I will NOT be renewing and will be looking at other competitors and think about whether or not I want to create a whole new account just so I can pay a cheaper price because Trend Micro charges more to renew!

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
bmansdad

Re: Beware of Trend Micro Renewal Pricing

Agreed.  I have two home accounts that will not be renewing based on the same practise.

Shame on you Trend Micro

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
bmansdad

Re: Beware of Trend Micro Renewal Pricing

[ Edited ]

Just off the phone with TRen and they straight up tell you to go ahead and purchase a new download at a %40 preice reduction and install it.  Use your NEW serial number and just forget about your old account.  Seems like a really piss poor way of doing business.

Oh, and you only have until January 4 to do this...prices go up again after that.

Discounts for new purchases of Trend Micro products are time-bound and seasonal.

Renewal and Trial conversion discounts is also subject for change depending on our Marketing strategies. Nonetheless, renewal promotions can be seen or are appended on the expiration notification (pop-up or email).

Always visit Trend Micro's Consumer Home Page for updates on discounts and promotions.

***Note: This thread is locked due to inactivity, for similar concerns kindly post a new topic.

Please use plain text.