Stone Emissary
haschmidt
Accepted Solution

Automtic updates?

How do I turn on automatic update in TITANIUM 2012?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
sakura

Re: Automtic updates?

hi haschmidt,

It should be ON by default. :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Honored Noble
jojo123

it is automatically turned on by default

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
silentpal

Hi Jojo123,

Yes it is automatically turned on not by default but it really is, why? It's because Trend Micro Titanium versions are now using The Smart Protection Network or others call it In the Cloud Service Technology which Trend Micro is the first one to have it released where in all virus pattern files, virus definitions, anti-spyware updates etc. are being uploaded. If you're not connected to the Internet you will not get the latest updates. Smart Protection Network will block malicious behaviours, viruses, worms etc. from the location rather than to its destination for a guaranteed virus free computer and devices.

Hope this answer your question.

Regards,

silentpal

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
haschmidt

If it is automatic why is there’re a option for “check for program update s” when I click on the icon in the system tray?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
sakura

hi haschmidt,

That option is just included there if you want to check if you already have the latest updates.

Hope I was able to answer your question. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.