Skip to content

Stone Esquire
PattyD
Accepted Solution

AntiVirus+Security/System Mechanic

I purchased both these lifetime products from QVC through a Trend Rep. .  I already had Trend maximum security on both my desk top Window 7 PCs and added the system mechanic to both and have had absolutlely no problems.  I bought a Windows 8 HP Laptop placed the 2 new programs on it and have had major problems with the Trend AntiVirus Security program.  The Icon disappeared  and was ubnable to open the program.  Each time I had to remove both programs and reinstall Trend first then add System Mechanic,  This last time I had an issue I was told NOT to reinstall System Mechanic and was told that there might be a conflict with the two programs.  Can someone tell me if it is a Windows 8 issue.  I was waiting until my subscription for Trend Maximum to expire to add the new AntiVirus program to my other PCs.  I am now concerned if I will run into the same issues. 

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Fish

Re: AntiVirus+Security/System Mechanic

Hi PattyD,

If you are installing the program on a Windows 8 operating system, make sure you are using the 2013 version since that is the version we have most compatible with that operating system.

To make sure that you have the latest version downloaded, kindly uninstall it first using the Diagnostic Toolkit, then reinstall the program using the lastest version.

Regards,

FisH

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
PattyD

Yes it's a Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus + 2013 Life of PC Subscription - 7 PC License to be exact.  I have not had any trouble since I reloaded the antivirus. BUT I have NOT added the System Mechanic 11 yet.  I wanted to see if I was going to have an issue.  Still not sure what to do.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Fish

Hi PattyD,

If you have already installed the Trend Micro program on your Windows 8 computer, then you can reinstall System Mechanic after that.

Trend Micro detects that as an incompatible software because it may have some features that Trend Micro also provides.

Regards,

FisH

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
PattyD

Why would I be sold a product together, if one would be detected as incompatible and will it cause a Trend anti-virus issue?

Please use plain text.