Stone Emissary
nscott94
Accepted Solution

Activation for Trend Micro Internet Security

I'm a student at Eastern Washington University and our school provides us with this product so we can safely use the internet, but I'm having trouble activating it. It says that it is unable to connect to the internet even though I can use the internet just fine. Is it something to do with servers? I'm pretty clueless about this stuff. Any help would be great thanks!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
slabster

Re: Activation for Trend Micro Internet Security

hi nscott94,

what is the version of your Trend Micro Internet Security?

please refer to this article how to check your program version

How to find the program information for my Trend Micro product

cheers!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as erza.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
nscott94

Ok this is the version I downloaded:

Program version: 17.50.1697.0000

Engine version: 9.200.1008

Pattern version: 7.597.50

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
slabster

hi nscott94,

sorry for the late post, are you still unable to activate you protection? if so, please try the solution I get the error message “Unable to contact Trend Micro” when registering my Trend Micro product 

hope this works.

cheers!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as erza.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
nscott94

Ok so I tried the first 3 options and not change. But when I typed ipconfig /flushdns into the command prompt for the last option I got this message: The requested operation requires elevation

I have no idea what that means, thanks for helping me by the way

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
slabster

you have to run the command prompt as administrator

click start > accessories > right click command prompt, select run as administrator

try flushing the dns again

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Bosh

Hello, I just bought a new computer & Trend MIcro 2010 came preinstalled. I am un able to activate or uninstall. Suggestions? I've tried the uninstall tool offered on site but it fails. Is there a workaround?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
slabster

hi bosh,

what is the error message you're getting?

cheers!

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Bosh

When trying to unstall;

The uninstall begins, then hangs at removing services & drivers screen.

Then a popup says,

"Setup program interruped"

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
slabster

hi bosh,

you can try uninstalling in safe mode

How to restart Windows in safe mode

then run the diagnostic toolkit

How to uninstall my Trend Micro program using the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit

if that still fails, follow step A. of the solution in this post Issues installing Titanium then run the diagnostic toolkit again

hope that works :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.