02-23-2012 07:04 PM
I am trying to fully uninstall Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 12 from my Dell XPS 600 (Windows XP). I no longer seem to have the original password. I renewed my software in June 2011 but also cannot remember if I successfully installed it. I recall having trouble with it (possibly because of the lost password), then got busy with a dozen other things, and may have forgotten to pursue the matter further. All I know is that the update process increasingly locked up my computer, so I attempted to uninstall just a few days ago.
Since my password was required to uninstall normally, I attempted to use the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit. This seems to have partially worked, but while the program no longer runs (I think), all its files are still present in "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 12\."
I want to uninstall fully and completely -- or else, since my subscription does not run out until June 2012, to get a new password and reinstall the upgraded software as long as it is still appropriate for a Dell XPS 600 Win XP, purchased in 2006. If a Trend Micro employee contacts or emails me, I have the original upgrade email from June 2011, including the product key. I am replacing the Dell XPS 600 as my primary pc, but hope to continue using it as a backup with either this current antivirus software subscription or a free version of any product as long as it does not lock up my system.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-23-2012 07:44 PM
Please try to uninstall the Internet Security 12 by downloading the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit specifically for this version. Refer to this link:
After using the toolkit, restart your computer. Kindly check if the folder is still present on C:\Program Files. If so, you can delete that folder. You can also check the registry editor.
Note: Back up the registry first before deleting anything. On the upper left corner, click on File and then click on Export. Save the file. That would be the back up.
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE. Check if the Trend Micro\PCClin folder is present. You can delete it as well.
After that, you can now install the upgraded version of the Trend Micro program.
02-23-2012 07:52 PM
Just to make sure you may try to use the diagnostic toolkit for pcclin 12 using this link.
1. Click the Windows Orb or the Start button
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security
4. Click Support Diagnostic Toolkit
5. Click Uninstall Tab
6. Click Uninstall Software
7. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the uninstallation.
8. Wait while the program finishes uninstalling the product and its components.
9. Click Yes when you are prompted to restart your computer.
1. Click on Start. Click on your “My Computer”.
2. Double click on Drive C.
3. Double Click on Program Files.
4. Check if there is any Trend Micro folder
5. If there is a Trend Micro folder, please delete the folder.
C. Please also check your Program Data if you have a Windows 7/ Vista and check if you have a Trend Micro folder inside.
1. Click on Start.
2. Click on Computer.
3. Double Click on Local Disk C:
4. Click on Organize Menu in the upper left side.
5. Click on Folder Search Options.
6. Click on View tab.
7. Click on Show Hidden Files and Folder.
8. Click on Ok.
9. Double Click on Program Data.
10. Delete any Trend Micro Folder inside.
D. After deleting the Trend Micro folder in your Drive C, please also delete your folder in your Registry Editor.
1. Click on “Start” > All Programs > Accessories
2. Click on “Run”
3. Type in “regedit” (without the quotation mark).
4. Your Registry Editor will open.
5. Double click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
6. Double click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
7. Look for SOFTWARE folder
8. Double Click on SOFTWARE folder
9. Look for Trend Micro Folder.
10. If you were able to find one, please right click on the folder and click on Delete.
11. Close your Registry Editor.
12. Restart your Computer.
After completing the uninstallation , you may want to upgrade your program to the latest version of Internet Security for DELL.