Skip to content

Stone Esquire
keithtoo
Accepted Solution

Titanium fails to start

Hello and hope you can help with this.

I noticed that my wife's laptop (Dell Inspiron N7110 running 64 bit Windows 7) showed a warning that Titanium was turned off. Clicking the "Turn on now" button in the Action Center screen rewards me with a rolling blue donut, but does not turn on the AV software. Clicking the icon on the front panel gives me a splash screen which goes away after a few minutes.

Using the diagnostic tool, I stopped and restarted all services and tried restarting the app without success.

I have looked at the amsp_event log which shows a long history of complaints of the form:

[Restart & Rollback] Rollback before start service....

followed by

[Restart & Rollback] DoRollback failed. asRet = 0xe0ff0012,[./service_main.cpp(1660)]

...And later:

[Restart & Rollback] g_hFrameworkThread stopped!!!.,[service_main.cpp(1990)]

[Restart & Rollback] Rollback start service still failed, keep rollback!!!,[./service_main.cpp(2013)]

This is not the first time this application has shut off on it's own. However, I've always been able to get it restarted before now. Any help or insights would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Re: Titanium fails to start

Hi keithtoo,

I would suggest to uninstall the program and re-install it. The AMSP can be corrupted.

Regards,

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi keithtoo

Can you check if her compuuter is running Titanium in compatibility mode:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1057770.aspx

Please let me know of the results.

Regards, 

Artee 

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
gerenr

As of today I have excactly the same problem you describe on my Vista laptop.  A windows notifier tells me that Trend Micro Virus checker and malware protection is turned off.  I click the "turn-on buttons" and see the Trend Micro icon flash on and off in the lower right hand corner.  Then it stops, but the TM program is still not running.

When I click on the Trend Micro Icon on the desktop, I get the red Trend Micro "splash" box, but Trend Micro does not open.  After a minute, the splash box disappears.

Using the Trend Micro toolbox, I turn all TM programs off .... then try to restart them.  I get the same  NON-result.

I suspect TM has uploaded a defective upgrade.  Too coincidental that we all have same problem

I have uploaded a diagnostic file to Trend Micro.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
bro51

About 4 times in the last 2 weeks the action center on my dell laptop reports that trend micro titanium is turned off,and it won't turn back on. so i uninstalled it 2 times and reinstalled it to start working again.Now trend says i cannot protect this computor anymore to pick a different one, it is now working but what happens next time?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi gerenr,

Good day to you.

I have checked on the Support ID that you have submitted and noticed that you are still using version 3.0 of your Titanium version. There might be some corrupted updates that were properly downloaded on the program causing the issue. 

To resolve the issue, I strongly suggest that you upgrade the version of the program to version 5.0. 

Here is the illustrative instruction in installing Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 5.0 (X-series Serial Number):
http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1058967.aspx

Here is the illustrative instruction in installing Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 5.0 (P-series Serial Number):

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1059035.aspx

Here is the illustrative instruction in installing Trend Micro Titanium AntiVirus+ 5.0 (A-series Serial Number):
http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1058973.aspx

Hope this helps.

Best regards, 

Artee :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi bro51

This link may help you with the message you are receiving:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1056473.aspx

Best regards, 

Artee 

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
gerenr

Hi Artee:

Good call.  I think you are correct.  I contacted Trend Micro support and they e-mailed the attached detailed instructions.  I had to delete the version on my laptop and re-install the Titanium program from scratch.

Happy to relate that it all worked, but it took about two hours of my time.  I just wish these problems wouldn't happen so often!

Thanks,

Rick

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi Rick (gerenr)

We apologize for whatever inconvenience this has caused you. It's nice to hear that everything is fine now.

As they say, it's better safe that sorry. 

There should be no issues after the installation of the latest version as this resolves relative and known issues of the older versions.

Best regards, 

Artee :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.