Skip to content

Stone Esquire
mike4262
Accepted Solution

How to uninstall titanium 2011 and go back to Internet Security 2010 ??

After upgrading to titanium 2011 I found that I dont like this version. Anyone know how to uninstall this version so I can go back to my previous version (2010) which I liked so much better???

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
simonn

Re: How to uninstall titanium 2011 and go back to Internet Security 2010 ??

Hi Mike4262,

You may simply follow the instructions on the link to uninstall your Titanium version. Then open this link to download the Trend Micro Internet Security 2010.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Simon

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
mike4262

Thanks, that worked. Titanium prevented my internet (IE, firefox) from opening right away. It always took about 15 seconds to open. Plus it made my computer run high from time to time which I didnt like.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
drgonzo92

I am having the same problem.  Do you need a code or  anything when you go back to the previous version?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi drgonzo92,

You will still be using the same Serial Number for this version.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Kristi

I've followed the instructions....it is not uninstalling!!!!!  I am so frusterated at this point.  after being upgraded to Titanium back in FEBRUARY it appears that TM hasn't opened or ran since.  Every attempt to run a scan fails as I can not even get the program to open!!!!  Every attempt to uninstall the program FAILS!!!!!  I am at a complete loss at this point.  HELP!

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
Geocite

Hi Kristi,

We can follow the steps from the link below on how we can uninstall the Trend Micro Titanium using the Diagnostic Tool:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1056455.aspx

Thanks!

Geo :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
MacAmhairghin

Except that if you used a different e-mail address a year ago, it's a problem.

I used one e-mail address back in 2010 and when I switched to TMT 2011, I used another e-mail account.

Now, it let me merge the old account and the new one, so that both TM Internet Security Pro 2010 and TMT2011 are together in one place, but...

When I get rid of 2011, then instal 2010, it tells me the serial number is for 2011 and does not work with 2010 - so the same serial number isn't going to work for me.

Is there another option?  2010 expired back in July.  2011 expires this coming July.

When I look at my products in my account, it shows that 2010 is expired and gives an option to renew.  What do I do?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.