Skip to content

Stone Esquire
adamc
Accepted Solution

Antivirus will not extract from the download tool

The antivirus download tool starts to run and when it gets close to 100% it stops and I get a Runtime Error and a message that says the application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Re: Antivirus will not extract from the download tool

Hi, 

Can you provide us a  screenshot of the error message?

Have you also checked on the file size of teh installer file? Did you saved the installer file on your desktop?

You may try re-downloading a fresh copy of the installer file. 

Please delete the first one if you've saved it your computer and perform the following steps below:

Remove Temporary Internet Files.
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. On the upper part of the window, Click on Tools.
3. Click on Internet Options.
4. On the General tab, Click on Delete, Choose Delete All.
Cleaning the %Temp% Folder
1. Click Start.
2. Click Run (or type in on StartSearch box for Vista/Windows7).
3. Type %temp%  > Click on Ok.
4. Delete all of the contents of the folder.
Perform Disk CleanUp
1. Click Start.
2. Click My Computer.
3. Right Click on Local Disk C: > Click on Properties.
4. On the General tab, Click on Disk Cleanup...
5. Follow all the prompts and make sure everything is selected. Click Delete.

Once this is done, please redownload the installer file and make sure you save it on your Desktop.

Hope this helps!

Artee

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
robin_p

Hi adamc,

You may try the links below:

FOR 2010

To download and install Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2010:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-download-and-install-Trend-Micro-AntiVirus-plus-AntiSpyw...

FOR 2011

To download and install Titanium AntiVirus+ 2011:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-download-and-install-Trend-Micro-Titanium-AntiVirus-2011...

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
adamc

I attached the screen shot of the error message.  I tried to delete my temp files and reload the installer file and I keep getting the same message.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi, 

Kindly uninstall the versions of your Microsoft Visual C++ from your Control Panel and download the needed version for your Trend Micro program. Please click on the link below for the compatible versions:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/I-get-the-error-message-Installation-Incomplete-when-I-do-not-h...

After installing this, please try running the installation program again.

Hope this helps!

Artee

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
adamc

[ Edited ]

I uninstalled my C++ program and downloaded the 2005 version but I still get the same error message.  Do I need to delete the installer and redownload it? 

**************************************************​****************************************

Just an update, we can try upgrading to the new 2012 version and check if problem persist.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059​195.aspx

***Note: This thread is locked due to inactivity, for similar concerns kindly post a new topic.

Please use plain text.