Skip to content

Stone Emissary
sganesh2004

how to uninstall Mcafee

Dear friends,

How to uninstall Mcafee 8.5i version client pcs from officescan 10 server ?

is it automatically uninstall thrity party antivirus ? 

how to uninstall Mcafee 8.5i epolicy server ?

Is any utility for uninstall Mcafee server and client ?

Is it possible we run mcafee epolicy server and officescan 10 server on one server machine ?

is it officescan support on mac os ? if support how to install ? is any installation guide is available ?

please help me out this questions, because i need to install office scan 10 on 500 user site ?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
juntr3nd

Re: how to uninstall Mcafee

Hi,

Please refer to answers below.

How to uninstall Mcafee 8.5i version client pcs from officescan 10 server ? - OfficeScan 10 supports third party anti virus uninstallation including McAfee VirusScan v8.5i

is it automatically uninstall thrity party antivirus ? - Yes

how to uninstall Mcafee 8.5i epolicy server ? - (please see below)

Uninstalling the Mcafee ePolicy Orchestrator Software

If and when you must uninstall this software, use this procedure to remove the software.

If you used the ePolicy Orchestrator Setup program to install MSDE, you can remove it during uninstallation.

1 Close all ePolicy Orchestrator consoles.

2 Close all database management software; for example, SQL Enterprise Manager.

3 Use Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel to remove the software. For instructions,

see the Windows Help file. To open this file, click the Start button, then select Help.

To remove the existing MSDE database, select Remove MSDE.

4 Click Remove.

Is any utility for uninstall Mcafee server and client ? - For uninstalling Mcafee ePolicy Orchestrator, please see above procedure. For uninstalling Mcafee VirusScan, you can use the Mcafee ePolicy Orchestrator to remotely uninstall Mcafee VirusScan clients or automatically uninstalled by OfficeScan 10 client.

Is it possible we run mcafee epolicy server and officescan 10 server on one server machine ? - this is not a recommended setup

is it officescan support on mac os ?- yes there is. it's a plugin for OfficeScan 10 which requires separate license

if support how to install ?- can install by remote procedure

is any installation guide is available ? - installation procedure is the same as installing to Windows

Please visit to URL below for your reference.

OfficeScan 10 FAQs

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/pages/Frequently-Asked-Questions-FAQs-about-OfficeScan-10.aspx

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.