Honored Noble
galbicka
Accepted Solution

Upgrade from OSCE 7.3 to 10 help needed

I am finally going to try and get this upgrade done. I am currently running OSCE 7.3 build 1405 (patch 6). One problem I have never resolved on 7.3 is not being able to successfully perform a Scan Now from the web console and I would like to clear that up first so the problem doesn't carry over.

After selecting any client and clicking "scan now" under clients tree on left menu then clicking "scan now settings" I get an error message "Some of the selected items in the client tree do not exist. Refresh the client tree to update it." Clicking OK just closes the scan now window. After selecting any client and clicking "scan now" large button on top of left bar and selecting a client in that list and clicking "scan now settings" it opens the settings fine. Then I can send a notification and get a reply fine but the scan never kicks in. If I select the entire tree with the first procedure the results are the same as the second procedure.

Any help on getting this resolved and any tips/tricks/gotchas on doing the upgrade is appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
kirill

Re: Upgrade from OSCE 7.3 to 10 help needed

Hi, OSCE 7.3 is pretty old. But anyway, I think you have some issue with your HTTPDB , I think the better way to upgrade in this case, is install new OSCE server, install on this server all SP and patches and move clients from old server to new one via GUI. This can avoid to use old and (probably) broken database. Cheers, Kirill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate Emeritus. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as KirillGelfand.
Please use plain text.
Honored Noble
galbicka

Thanks for that suggestion. Since that is the only problem I have experienced on 7.3 I did not consider it a potential DB problem. I was hoping there would be a way to troubleshoot it with debug logs.

Questions concerning your suggestion:

1) Can you run two servers at the same time with the same license activation keys without causing any problems?

2) Can you point me to a document describing the move process?

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
kirill

Please see my answers below: 1) Can you run two servers at the same time with the same license activation keys without causing any problems? [Kirill] - Yes, if you use enterprise products, the Trend Micro license agreement count only "users" and not number of installations. 2) Can you point me to a document describing the move process? [Kirill] - http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/Moving-OfficeScan-10-clients-to-another-OfficeScan-server.aspx and/or http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-use-the-OfficeScan-Server-Migration-Tool.aspx Regards, Kirill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate Emeritus. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as KirillGelfand.
Please use plain text.
Honored Noble
galbicka

Great info - thanks. Any known problems running OSCE server on a server currently also serving as a WSUS server?

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
kirill

I think only the CPU load. IN OSCE 10 implemented new (and very helpful) technology - Smart Scan, the Smart Scan can (and cannot) cause high CPU load every update (usually once per hour). More about new features in OSCE 10 - http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/Information-you-need-to-know-about-OfficeScan-10.aspx . Regards, Kirill

Please use plain text.