Skip to content

TEKIAMI
aweihl
Accepted Solution

Updating Patch For Wild Card usage

Currently we are using officescan 10.5 and server protect 12 and we are needing to use wildcards on our medical servers.

I have been reading and i have found http://downloadcenter.trendmicro.com/index.php?prodid=5 and by reading the forms i have found an update for 10. sp 1 but i am curious if i were to download the 10.5 patch would that give me wild card capabilities? If not could someone lead me in the right direction please? Thanks in advance!!

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
ChrisKo

Re: Updating Patch For Wild Card usage

OfficeScan 10.5 already supports wildcards in scan exlusions.

Regards

Christian Kotthoff - ConnecT Informationstechnik GmbH

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
aweihl

Oh really? ok well i know how to manually exclude file paths but the wild cards i do not. We are useing Server management console 5.8 an from there Server Protect is on 40 servers and i am needing to submit a wild card of .FO*

Could someone guide me on how i would go abouts doing so?

Apprecite the help in advance!!

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
ChrisKo

With OfficeScan add "fo*" (or "fo?" when the extension lengt is always 3 letters) to the realtimescan scan exclusion by extension.

As far as I know, ServerProtect does not support wildcards.

Regards

Christian Kotthoff - ConnecT Informationstechnik GmbH

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
aweihl

Thanks for the officescan answer i see now where you can do the wild cards there which helps when it comes to officescan but the big problem i am having is with Server Scan :smileysad: anyone happen to know if there is a patch / wild cards cannot be done on Server Scan?

Please use plain text.