Skip to content

Stone Esquire
iyuvalk
Accepted Solution

TrendMicro Officescan clients using ActiveUpdate servers instead of my Officescan server

Hi,

Recently we've noticed that our Internet line is occupied most of the time, a quick investigation found out that our officescan clients are using the Internet to download updates instead of using our Officescan server. Our Officescan server seems to work pretty fine, as much as we can tell - it isn't down or inaccessible, we can use the management web UI which is installed on the very same server. What are the known reasons for such a situation?

As a temporary solution for the Internet access for the company, we used our CheckPoint firewall to block access from all workstations (except our officescan server) to the TrendMicro ActiveUpdate servers, when we did that, all the workstations that were trying to use TrendMicro ActiveUpdate servers became soooooooo sluggish and slow and almost could not access the Internet at all, when we uninstalled one such client and then re-installed it, the workstation started behaving normally. Is this normal behavior?

Yuval.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
fridad

Re: TrendMicro Officescan clients using ActiveUpdate servers instead of my Officescan server

Dear Yuval,

Please check the update source of the Officescan clients. Access the web console > Updates > Networked Computers > Update Source. It should be pointing to your Officescan server.

Hope this helps! Thank you very much and have a great day ahead.

Regards,

Frida De Villa
Senior Systems Engineer
NABU ENT, Trend Micro, Inc.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.