Skip to content

Stone Esquire
rbt000
Accepted Solution

The Windows 7 Action Center is reporting that Trend Micro Officescan is turned off

Hallo

I have Trend Micro Officescan 10.6 installed on Windows 7.

The Windowss 7 Action Center is reporting that Trend Micro Officescan is turned off.

However, Trend Micro Officescan reports that everything is turned on.

Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Kind Regards

Rasmus Tved

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
heartbreaker

Re: The Windows 7 Action Center is reporting that Trend Micro Officescan is turned off

Hi Rasmus,

Sometimes, Windows Security center stop recognizing your antivirus. Kindly try the following steps:

1.Temporarily disable the WMI service (Windows Managment instrumentation)
 Start >Run > type: services.msc

2.find and stop WMI

3. Go to c:\windows\system32\wbem\repository.
   Delete this subdirectory ONLY.

4. Restart the WMI service and restart the Computer twice.

This will rebuild the deleted folder and the database. Once restarted, Windows Security Center should show the correct info and antivirus should now be recoginized.

rbt000

Re: The Windows 7 Action Center is reporting that Trend Micro Officescan is turned off

Hallo Heartbreaker

It did work for some time, but the problem returned after 4 days.

Do you have any other solutions that might help me?

Hope you can help.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
mplatt

Has there been any resolution for this problem?  We have the exact same symptoms in our domain.  We're running Officescan 10.6 with the latest patch on Windows 7 Enterprise clients. 

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Tish

I have the same problem my Trend Micro runs fine and then when I come in the morning it is switched off.  I then click on the switch on which takes me to the scan section when I scan my computer and it is finished it still does not switch on the Trend Micro virus scan for some reason.

NO matter what I try I cannot switch it back on for some reason.

HOpe you can help me.

Thanks

Please use plain text.