Skip to content

Stone Esquire
pbandera
Accepted Solution

Officescan 10.6 blank page during install but none 0125971 and 0123157 works!

Hi all

by the 16th of February on every officescan server 10.6 we can't anymore install using the web installer because just after clicking on the install now button we got a blank page

We tried to follow both kb 0125971 and 0123157 but none works, on the only one 10.5 server everything works fine.

Has any of you got the same problem?

As on none of these servers we had recently install windows patches of the servers were rebooted we figure out that could be some update that officescan server download from trendmicro.

Please help us

Regards

Pietro Bandera

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Benny

Re: Officescan 10.6 blank page during install but none 0125971 and 0123157 works!

Hi,

I have the exact same issue and has not solved it.

I upgraded the server to 10.6 just the other day and just now noticed the problem.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
JohnMar

Re: Officescan 10.6 blank page during install but none 0125971 and 0123157 works!

Hi all,

same here, getting blank page.

Here is what I have found in Application log, it seems that the file's certification is invalid/expired which is why I am not able to perform upgrades from 10.5 to 10.6.

Error Message: The digital signature of the following file is invalid. OfficeScan server has renamed the file to prevent OfficeScan file danamge.

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\pccnt\COMMON\DWIoTrapNT.dll

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Benny

[ Edited ]

Checked the Application log and I get the same error message regarding the signature and file.

I tried to rename it back to its orginal state, but the problem still persists. It seems related as when I rename it works alittle further, but then the system renames the file again.

Hope someone from Trend Micro can take a look at this.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
pbandera

so we are not alone!

thanks to your notice i find out that the problem on that dll comes out the 17th of feb. at 5:46 am CET after that time we can't use anymore the web installation mode.

Seems that some tremicro update comes out with a bug

Trend Micro please let us know!

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
ChrisKo

[ Edited ]

We had a totally different problem, but also with the result of deleted/renamed files because of invalid digital signatures (yellow alert from OfficeScan Server at the application log).

Maybe as a workaround (that this files will not be deleted/renamed anymore) this will help:

In ofcscan.ini this parameter should be set to 0:

CheckDigitalSignatureForHotfix=0

See:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1057702.aspx

Restart the OfficeScan Master Service and then find out the deleted/renamed files from application log and restore them...

Maybe that helps?

Regards

Christian Kotthoff - ConnecT Informationstechnik GmbH

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
miasik

[ Edited ]

Confirm same problem

error installing from shared folder:

"Unable to install the OfficeScan client. There was error copying DwIoTrapNT.dll. Please contact your OfficeScan administrator for assistance."

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
slancaster

We have this problem too.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
miasik

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi All, 

Good day to you.

We have received earlier this week cases regarding installation of OfficeScan clients with copying errors regarding DWIoTrapNT.dll file.

To resolve this issue, our developers had already released a hotfix (Hotfix 1180.1). You may contact our Technical Support team via email or phone so we can provide the hotfix.

Again, we apologize for whatever inconvenience this has caused everyone.

Thank you for choosing Trend Micro.

Best regards, 

Artee 

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.