Skip to content

Stone Esquire
SAVFree
Accepted Solution

Officescan 10.6 and Xendesktop

Hello Forum

Was wondering if anyone has run across slow profile load since installing Officescan 10.6 on Xendesktop images (Xendesktop version is 5.6)? I've read about excluding the user profile directories and added this exclusion for Real Time scan only but I still am experiencing slow profile loads. Are there any other changes I need to make? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Re: Officescan 10.6 and Xendesktop

Hi SAVFree

Have you tried following this article:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1055373.aspx

Please let me know if this helps. 

Thanks, 

Artee Caparas 

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
SAVFree

Thanks for the advice I just made the recomended changes to Real Time Scan. After I save the new config how do I know my clients have received the change?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi SAVFree

To get these settings and new configurations, make sure to push out an update on the clients. 

Thanks, 

Artee 

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
RuneFlatekval

I have had the same problem.

Scan Exclusion List (File Extensions) fixed the problem for me. Real-time Scan Settings

add DAT, LOG, PF, POL and TMP. Apply for Xendsktop servers. I think it's the LOG exclusion that helps.

Rune F

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

[ Edited ]

Hi all, 

RuneFlatekval is correct. For improved performance, you have to add these exclusions.

On Citrix systems following extensions have been causing performance problems. Exclude these file extensions to avoid any performance problems.

*.LOG, *.DAT, *.TMP, *.POL, *.PF

Source Article:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059770.aspx

Hope this helps. 

Artee 

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
SDCI

We have the exact same issue and have tried all exclusions recommended to no effect.  Have you resolved this issue or has anyone?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

SDCI

Were you able to disable the icon:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-turn-off-the-Officescan-client-icon-in-the-system-tray.a...

Regards, 

Artee 

Please use plain text.