Skip to content

Stone Esquire
mpeeng
Accepted Solution

Office scan pops up with dangerous URL message

Every half hour office sacn will pop up with a box with 3 urls in it> it says these urls are dangerous. This even happens when I am not on the internet. I've scaned the computer with 2 differnet virus scanners and they both come up clean. How can I get rid of this dangerous url pop up. I've attached a screenshot of the pop up box.

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Re: Office scan pops up with dangerous URL message

You likely have a rootkit on that system. The .tj domain suffix is the Internet country code top-level domain for Tajikistan.

Check out TDSSKiller. Google it.

Gregg Hill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Also try Trend's Rootkit Buster, and Google for Malwarebytes.

DO NOT use this system for anything requiring a password, including baniking and email. If it does have a rootkit, it could be silently waiting to see you type a bank account number.

Gregg Hill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
mpeeng

I tried the TDSSKiller but it came up clean, as did malware bytes.

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Hmm. If it calls out to .tj, that would scare me. I have tools I would use to check it for things that don't show in the Windows API.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
mpeeng

I guess now my best option is to wipe the hard drive and relaod all the programs.

Please use plain text.