Skip to content

Stone Emissary
realgujju
Accepted Solution

OFFiCESCAN 10 - Uninstall Password / Uninstall Tool / Client Re-Registration

Hello Folks, 

I am new to this community and Its cetainly a great to be here. This is my first ever post with few question. Hope one will help resolve. 

Recently, we are upgrading Officescan 8 to version 10 and have been facing many issues and few are listed below:

- Uninstall officescan 10 if password forgotten. [Note: easy registry tweak will do officescan removal without asking for uninstall password in OfficeScan 8 but in OfficeScan 10, registry change is secured hence cannot do the same tweak]

- Any tool/batch script available to uninstall corrupted officescan 10? [Note: Faced this situation many times & tried manual removal method and in result Operating System Corrupted]

- How to manually Re-Register the Client if not listed in Console? [Note: Client is online but not showing in console. ImgSetup tool does not support Vista Family]

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Andrew

Re: OFFiCESCAN 10 - Uninstall Password / Uninstall Tool / Client Re-Registration

Hi,  this might be CGI permission issue. I suggest that you file a support case to further troubleshoot the issue.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

Re: OFFiCESCAN 10 - Uninstall Password / Uninstall Tool / Client Re-Registration

Due to the public nature of these forums, I cannot address your uninstall questions.  Please contact support directly for that information.

For your third question however, you can manually re-register a client by restarting the OfficeScanNT Listener service on the client side.  This is the component responsible for client <-> server communication, so restarting it will cause it to re-connect to the server and re-create itself in the database/console if it has been removed/deleted.

Ryan

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
realgujju

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
realgujju

Thank you Andrew !! I would contact support for the same.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
yvetteharris

We are having the same problem you report where it prompts for a password to uninstall, can you tell me how you were able to uninstall your Trend Micro version 10 please?  Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
supsucc

I have same problem with uninstall trendmicro, we relocate server and want to reload client to the new server, can not uninstall because we forgot password

Can anyone help me?

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
rpaz

Hi,

If you can Unload the OfficeScan Client then you should be able to manually remove using the information from this knowledge base article http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/Uninstalling-the-OfficeScan-10-client.aspx

___

Rui Paz

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Gerd

Hi,

there are two ways to uninstall without pw:

change registry at:

hklm/software/trendmicro/pc-cillinntcorp/currentversion/misc./Allow Uninstall

from 0 to 1

then there will be no pw question any more

if its not possible to change registry because of self protection

start windows in secure mode and change the ofcscan.ini in client intallation path

search for "UninstallPwd" and change the password to:

!CRYPT!523D617DF57CBF0E9ACD37611537EBB612F9B6F1C471EB529B89772E71AD9D2431BC212ACF23B7767831E317364

then the uninstall password will be "test"

good luck

gerd

Please use plain text.