Skip to content

Stone Emissary
marmaduke
Accepted Solution

Move Clients showing as Offline from 10.0 Server to 10.6 Server?

I am moving our OfficeScan 10.0 clients from the 10.0 Server to a new 10.6 Server and I have a number of clients that are showing as "Offline" in the 10.0 Console. When I try to move them, I get a message to turn the Client's status to "Normal" mode and verify that they are online.

Can I do this from the Console? I don't want to touch 30+ clients to get them online to move them...

Suggestions?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
lepa

Re: Move Clients showing as Offline from 10.0 Server to 10.6 Server?

Try to use ipxfer utility...

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

If the clients are offline, then by definition you won't be able to do anything to those clients from the console.  You will most likely have to go touch those 30 machines.  You could also leverage a free tool like psexec to try and restart the tmlisten service remotely, or if you have a systems management tool you could try the same thing.

You may also want to confirm those machines really exist (they may be old machines you don't have anymore, machines that got renamed and you already moved, or duplicate entries for machines you already moved).

Ryan Delany

Trend Micro Inc.

twitter: @ryandelany

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Affiliate
ChrisKo

The easiest way to get the offline client is this:

On the old server goto Administration - Connection Settings and change the name/ip and port to the new server.

Clients will move to the new server when they are turned on automatically.

When clients are not turned on while the old server is still running, you will have to move them with ipxfer.exe.

Regards

Christian Kotthoff - ConnecT Informationstechnik GmbH

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.