Skip to content

Stone Esquire
Voytek
Accepted Solution

Lpt$vpn file problems

We have office scan 10 installed on win2k3 server and the lpt$vpn files keep being created and are eating up most of the hard drive space. I have tried searching for a solution for this but is there any thing I can do to stop them growing besides deleting some of the older files?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
MikaNish

Re: Lpt$vpn file problems

Officescan client can only delete old pattern files if the OfficescanNT Realtime scan service is running.

To confirm , Please do the following:

1.Open the Windows Services console (services.msc).  
2.Right-click the OfficeScanNT RealTime Scan service then click Properties.
3.Change the Startup type to Automatic.
4.If the service is currently stopped, click Start.
5.Click OK. 

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Voytek

I do not see that service listed any place. Is there not some where to change the settings when I connect to the local web setup page.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
MikaNish

In case that the Officescan Realtime service is not present. There might be a possibilty that it got corrupted during update/installation. I would recommend to uninstall and reinstall the client.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.