Skip to content

TEKIAMI
thmra
Accepted Solution

How to restart Office Listener (OfficeScan Server 10.0 SP1 patch1) HELP!!!

[ Edited ]

Hello,

let me explain, we need to restart the Listener Service to manage automatically our Trend clients to find the new Officescan Server if this one is changed (when we created our package, the link to the officescan server is an alias, and we change in the domain the host which is linked to this DNS alias. We don't use IpXfer on the clients because it's manual).

The script is done every 13 hours (hoping it's not always the same time than an fixed automatic antivirus updating time request configured by an operator on the trend web server)

On Officescan Server 10.0, everything worked fine (because the SYSTEM account could stop and start the listener service).

But we upgraded the soft 2 weeks ago (SP1 patch1) and we remarked it doesn't work anymore. If you look at the service, everything is in "grey" mode, so you can't stop.

If we had the command line "taskkill /F /IM TmListen.exe", it only works on our 2003 SP2 windows server, but not for our XP SP3 windows clients...

We add the account SYSTEM on the strategy "debug all programs" but it doesn't work too (we have made a XP and 2003 with restricted strategy)

We tried to use a dependance on another service which could have run the office listener...is doesn't work too

We are looking for a proper solution (not a pskill for example...). We sent an email at our hotline (arrows) who must send it to Trend Services, but i don't know the delays and we need to find a fast solution. otherwise, we have to retrograde to Server 10.0 !

Does anybody have an idea?

Sincerely

Terry

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
thmra

Re: How to restart Office Listener (OfficeScan Server 10.0 SP1 patch1) HELP!!!

Hello, we found the solution :

on the server, there is a parameter for the protection of the clients.

So we desactivated the option "protect the services of the client", and after that, we can have access to the service (to clients which are connected)

For the others, we need to make a pack.

Regards

Terry

Please use plain text.
Moderator Emeritus
JSMO

Thanks for reporting back

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
thmra

Thanks

Does anybody use the same idea (automatic client reconnection on another trend server if the first server is out)?

i'm curious... :smileywink:

regards

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
ChrisKo

[ Edited ]

Hello thmra,

automatic reconnection may make sense, when you change your officescan servers, all couple of weeks.

Under normal circumstances it is not necessary.

The clients can operate some time without connection to the server, they should only get pattern updates.

With Update Agents you can build up redundant update sources for many locations. This works fine for customers

with thousands of clients.

Regards

Christian Kotthoff

ConnecT IT

Christian Kotthoff - ConnecT Informationstechnik GmbH

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.