Skip to content

Stone Emissary
albusaidi
Accepted Solution

Disable Trendmicro realtime scan monitoring

Hi all,

I need a help!!, We have officescan 10 and suffering from low performance in DB servers.

I tried to disabled the Trendmicro realtime scan monitoring but I couldn't..

I need only the scheduled scan to work..

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

Re: Disable Trendmicro realtime scan monitoring

You can turn off real-time scanning from the management console under Networked Computers -> Client Management -> Settings -> Real Time Scan settings.

I wouldn't advise this however as it makes you susceptible to many threats.   The better solution would be to create the appropriate scanning exceptions for the application.  As an example, if your database servers are running Microsoft SQL Server, you would enter exlcusions from real-time scanning for the following directories and this would resolve your performance problems:

• SQL Server data files

These files usually have one of the following file name extensions:
    • .mdf
    • .ldf
    • .ndf
  • SQL Server backup files

These files frequently have one of the following file name extensions:
    • .bak
    • .trn
  • Full-Text catalog files
  • The directory that holds Analysis Services data
  •  

See this link for reference information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309422

If you are using a different database, Google can easily help you find this information, or you can contact the manufacturer of the database and ask them for their recommendation.

Ryan

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
    Please use plain text.
    Stone Emissary
    albusaidi

Thank you for your help..

Please use plain text.
    Stone Emissary
    albusaidi

I have two other question,

Q1. If I stopped The officeScan real time Scan Service,Can I still run the schedule scan on that server?

Q2.Why sometimes the schedule scan run at different time than the time in the schedule scan setting?

Please use plain text.
    Affiliate
    kirill

Answers:

Q1. If I stopped The officeScan real time Scan Service,Can I still run the schedule scan on that server?

Yes, of course is different scans

Q2.Why sometimes the schedule scan run at different time than the time in the schedule scan setting?

Dependent if you allow to postpone scan or not, configurable in global settings. (in OSCE 10 at least)

Kirill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate Emeritus. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as KirillGelfand.
    Please use plain text.
    TEKIAMI
    fredpontus

Hi,

Be careful, if you talk about realtime scan config in the web management console, I agree with Kirill, you an disable it and other scans will continue to work as expected

But, if you talk about Officescan realtime scan service eg. ntrtscan process that runs on client side: No.

This process is the one that does all kind of scans (realtime as indicated by his name, but also scheduled, manual etc.)

If you stop it, no scan could be done

regards,

Fred

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
    Please use plain text.
    Stone Emissary
    albusaidi

yes Fred , I think you are right ..

anyway, thank you all

regards,

Please use plain text.