Stone Emissary
fayejaz
Accepted Solution

Device Control in OfficeScan 10.5 - iPhone

How would you exclude an iPhone from device control?  We want to implement USB device control, but because we primarily use iPhones, we would want to exclude them from device control.

Looking at my PC, the path appears as Computer\Apple iPhone, and I can't see how you can add this to the exclusion list. 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
kirill

Re: Device Control in OfficeScan 10.5 - iPhone

Hi,

Only to clarify, the iPhone detected as USB hard drive? And you can put the data on this hard drive?

Kirill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate Emeritus. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as KirillGelfand.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
fayejaz

It shows up as a device, not as a disk that can be managed (disk management):

271iA2A128682DBAD7AA273iFA152BC0FAFA09B8

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
fayejaz

Here are the screen shots

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
kirill

Hi,

Usually, the OSCE 10.x device control is malware oriented - is means if no mount - no managment.. And unfortunately the OSCE 10.x cannot provide granular device control (per specific device), but only for all  device types. That I can suggest is add exeption to device control list, it's meas - iTunes can aceess the iPhone and other application can't (please see on-line help at device control page). Also, I cannot test this, I'm not use iPhone :smileyhappy: is insecure in bussiness.

Regards,

Kirill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate Emeritus. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as KirillGelfand.
Please use plain text.