Skip to content

Stone Emissary
Bill75080
Accepted Solution

Action Center Trend AV Reports Is Turned Off

Using WFBSA 6.1 on network of 3 clients, 1 SBS 2003 server. On one client PC running Win 7 Ultimate, the Action Center says that the Trend CSA is reporting that it is turned off and must be manually restarted. Opening up the CSA Console on the Win7 PC, shows that it is running and up to day. In Services, Security Center and WMI are both started and automatic. All Trend services except Trend Proxy are started. Have rebooted several times.

Also have done a "Get latest update" from the CSA Console on the PC. Communication to server is OK.

This started after a restore from image backup due to spyware infestation. The backup was prior to the infection.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
pperez

Re: Action Center Trend AV Reports Is Turned Off

Try the following:

1. Stop the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service.

2. Delete all the files in C:\windows\system32\wbem\Repository folder

3. Start the Windows Management Instrumentation(WMI) service.

If this fails, try reinstalling the agent. Just uninstall the agent using add/remove programs and reboot to make sure there are no remnants. Reinstall the agent using Start > Run > type \\<serverIP/servername>\ofcscan\autopcc.exe then click OK.

Confirm if this allows the Action Center to properly recognize the agent and its status.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Honored Esquire
Typhoon87

I have the same issue with Officescan 10 SP1 with Patch 1. It has issues  and sometimes reports its off.

Tom Stachowiak
Helpdesk Coordinator
D'Youville College
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Bill75080

Paulop,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I am unable to stop WMI due to other services depending on that one. It will not allow WMI to shutdown. Even tried Safe mode but no luck. Could not delete those files without WMI stopping.

I will give the uninstall / reinstall a shot and let you know.

Bill

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Bill75080

Success - I uninstalled and reinstalled as Paulop suggested and now it is running normally. Thanks for the help.

Bill Rodgers

Please use plain text.